My Mother Passed Away Tonight....

-
Joe, my heart goes out to you. I see you're being very strong and remembering the good times, that is what she would want. Hearing about your Mom and seeing her picture really touched me.

One thing you probably have considered is that before she passed she saw you triumph over tough times and find a great new job.

I searched online for the Irish poem that always comforts me; strangely I could not find it. But I did discover this one:

Say not in grief that she is no more
but say in thankfulnes that she was
a death is not the extinguishing of a light
but the putting out of the lamp
because the dawn has come.

She was tough as nails and even after my dad died of cancer in 96, she was a pillair of stone. Pardon my spelling tonight... We all thought that she would live forever and nothing could take her down. She had two new knees as of '86 and insisted that they both be done done at the same time so she wouldn't lose any time at the cabin.

She was born in a small town in southern IL in '22. She graduated college when she was 19 and was truly a brilliant woman. She also sailed across Lake Michigan when she was maybe 19? She chastised me for my risky behavior yet never thought twice about canoeing a class III rapids in a whitewater ready grumman canoe (two extra ribs and a shoe keel) with me as basically a child!? LOL! I saw and learned how to light a fire without a match and what to do in lightning storm in a canoe.

She was one of a kind and the world will be that much less without her. Without her training my oldest sister may died in a rafting accident. She took no excuses and gave no quarter... She was was old school in the best sense of the word.

One thing her and I both understood was my willingness to hit the wilds with 3 days of food and be back in a week or so healthy as a horse......and I was about 12. This was the one thing she would talk about in front of me and I saw her eyes shine..... :)

Looking for a pic of mom wrestling a bear... I know I have it somewhere...:)

Joe, what can I say that hasnt already been said by the great people on this site?? Its tough having to do deal with the legalities at this torturous time as well. Treasure those thoughts and memories that you have. Stairway was on the Q tonight....what a great song. My sincere condolensces. What a beautiful lady.

Sorry for your loss, Ram. That's a wonderful picture you posted of her. Prayers sent.

Normally I would respond to you all in kind... Right now I will not say that " I lack the spirit" as I'd most likely get a good kick in the *** by mom, lol. She'd say "Get the heck up and you don't even know what a hard life is! I lived a long life and a good life to have ten children of which you were the last. Oh and BTW, I just sent you a quilt (yes, the day before she died my brother ran out to the nearest town, 24 miles away to send it out) and if you let the dogs sleep on it your dead." Actually she said that to me about a week ago. I guess the quilt goes in a box. :) Oh and yes, if you don't help these nice people who helped you on that interent thing, you're dead. :) LOL.

You gotta love mom. She was a piece of work... Only my Dad, an EX Marine fro WWII could handle her, lol. I'm sure he has built her a house by the lake in heaven, just like they both wanted. May God bless their souls for all they have done for me, my family and my country.

BTW, I will find that picture of mom wrestling the bear....

Thank you all for letting me vent. I'm sure I will be a pall bearer as well as be expected to come up with a eulogy. This has helped quite a bit. I'm guesing that i'm now to be co-executor too. This is truly going to suck and I hope that I may not be too forward to ask for your prayers, for me to live up to the family demands, as well as the comfort of my family. Please Lord God, let me be the rock that my familiy needs, Thank You! Amen.

Oh, Joe

I am so glad we here at FABO were able to make it possible for you to see your Mom and do things around the home for her and to just be there with her and the rest of your family. :love3:
You are a good man and I am proud to call you 'Friend'

I am sorry to hear of her passing. I shall be praying for you and your family in your hour of need.:angel1:

God Bless you, Joe Esterl

You know if you need to talk, I am always here.
~Mary Gillespie

Damn Ram, you`ve been run through the mill this past year. I`m genuinely sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

It's that time in the early morning I wake up just to go back to sleep.
The strength you are praying for will be there my friend.
You are strong and well rounded of a person IMO of reading your words here,and the actions you take in life.
Stand tall and be yourself for your folks and friends.
I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT. And be proud to know you are there and using the knowledge handed down to you buy your Parents.
Stay safe and be your self brother and carry on as a strong son you know your mom new you are.

5572_122703109855_503909855_2487086_6079383_n.jpg

It never easy, no matter how much you are expecting it.

I'm sure she would want you to remember the good times. Moms never want their kids to be sad.

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

Ramcharger,so sorry to hear this God bless her soul i'll send some prayers..

So sorry for your loss. May the loving spirit that was your mother live on through you for the rest of your days.

Heavenly Father, we come to you now in this time of prayer to not only mourn the loss of the mother of our brother, but to celebrate her life, through the memories he is sharing with us. The memories of her strong spirit, her commitment to her family, the love for her children. Our brother, Joe, has given us memories in which we can smile, even as we cry. We hold her up in prayer, Lord, to Your waiting arms, so that her Earthly pain may be over and she can rejoice in youthful life everlasting.

Joe has come to us for prayer, also, Lord. It is a prayer we share that You guide him in Your wisdom, with Your hand, as he seeks to follow in the model of his mother: one of a pillar of strength for his family, one in which he can guide them and lead them through this time of grief. We pray that You be with him, Lord, in the coming days, months, weeks, years, as he remembers his mother and how she would have guided her family, to help him follow in her example even as you have him follow in Yours.

Amen

On a personal note, Joe, my heart goes out to you.

-
Back