My new interior!!

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
Well it's almost done!!! This car has come a long way from the 500 bucks it was worth when i bought it. This is the last step of the process to complete the car... (FOR NOW :toothy8:)

I went with an all black interior with black leather, suede, and vinyl to match my black carpet and orange/black color combo. I wanted something different from everyone else but still classy. The front seat is being worked on right now and should be finished by the middle of next week. But i'll give you guys a teaser sneak peak and show you everything else. I plan to have it all installed by the end of today. I will finally get to drive the car completely done the way i envisioned it 10 years ago!!!

The Car:

IMG_4816.jpg

It's Interior:

Top and bottom of the back seat (notice the custom head rests)
IMG_4822.jpg

Matching package tray
IMG_4825.jpg

Door panels
IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

Back panels
IMG_4823.jpg

Everything in the car matches and all the lines flow front seat to back seat. Since my dad and i are tall, we moved the front seat back six inches for leg room up front. That being said no one will be riding in the back seat and its all for show. I just picked these up today so i need to clean them up a bit. They still have chalk lines :)

I had this done Locally by a gentlemen that does amazing work. He is in Santa Ana and was really reasonable. I highly recommend him and his work. He was easy to talk too and knew exactly what i wanted with the ideas i gave him.

His info if anyone is interested:

Ken Leighton
[email protected]
(714) 631-5894

Very nice:cheers:
Let's see those "completed" pics1
The Duster looks super, putting any stripes on it?
C

Yes looks good and it's time to enjoy your hard work,I was wondering too if there is any strips going on the car?

Nice. If the materials used on the package tray aren't UV stable, a UV blocking film on the glass works too.

Thanks for the complements. I do plan on adding a stripe of some sort to the car. Just not sure if i want a 360 call out or not. I also have plans for a blacked out hood with some sort of scoop, either 6 pack or snorkle. I plan on tinting the crap out of the windows as i don't have ac in the car anymore. i think that should protect the material from the sun.

This car has come such a long way from when we picked it up in Long Beach 10 years ago, It started out as Bryce's daily driver in high school, and now its just a great way for Bryce and me to stay connected. The kid works 2 jobs and dumps just about all the extra cash that he can into it. We have physically rebuilt this car from headlight to tail light together. I cant wait until we can take it to the local hangouts this summer .

Proud Dad

That looks sweet! I love the orange and black. Looking forward to the finished photos, too.

Good thing you didn't have the painter who worked on your neighbor's van do your painting. Holy cats!!!

-
Back