My new mopar!

-

sdahmer

Reaction score
Ignore the Dork (Me)
Just got this '72 Scamp on Monday! :happy4:
Got a great deal on it, pretty straight and running! Wouldn't start after six months of being parked, just poured in a bit of gas in the tank and carb and it fired right up. Plan to keep this one original. What do you guys think?

71855_462309367169721_1907626493_n.jpg

Lucky you. Not everyone can find a pre 73 2 door in good unmolested condition.

Not too much is known about it besides the fact that the previous owner had it since 2000. He barely drove it and after knee surgery he couldn't afford to keep it. It's all original, minus one hub cap and the carpet. It even has new tires!

Way to go on your purchase! Your new ride looks pretty good from what I see.

If that picture is recent I have to admit my jealousy. There is snow every where here and barely above freezing!

Nice car, I can tell from your big smile and 2 "thumbs up" that you are very happy about the purchase!! Congrats on a nice score :glasses7:

Nice car man, a new razor blade and a blue soap pad scrubbie will get that bumper sticker right off

Congrats!!! Cool car. Keep us posted on your experience. :cool:

Great-looking car. The value is all about rust, and in San Diego it is probably solid. Whenever you have the door panels off, work on cleaning and painting the inside crevices. The factory didn't too a good job painting inside and all eventually rust-thru without care, though not as bad as the popular Ford Rustang's. Looks like an original vinyl top was removed and painted. Better that way since the vinyl causes hidden rust. If a slant six, don't automatically jump to throwing in a V-8. The sixes have a strong following.

I'd get some different hubcaps pick a color for the roof..ie...maybe black, spif it up a bit and drive it. Nice car.

Very nice find. Congrats and enjoy. Hub caps look stock to me.

Are you kidding me? ;-) My wife and I did our honeymoon in her 72 scamp, and it got us through college. Great car and back then, it was virtually bullet proof with that slant 6. All I remember doing to that car was changing the oil and filter and air filter.

-
Back