my new project, triple black 71 wedge clone

-

71/340wedge

Reaction score
Here's my new project, a 1971 340 triple black wedge clone. I've never seen one so I decided to make one. Here's what I started with. This picture is where it was when I picked it up for $1300.00. The car was really solid over all.

DSC00401.JPG

Some shots of it at it's most recent stage, painted with black base and clear with satin black black v24 treatment and side stripes. I'm so glad I went black with this one.

106_1034[1].JPG

DSCN2607.JPG

DSCN2613.JPG

DSCN2617.JPG

Wow, you're so luckyyy!!! that's the paint scheme i wanna do on my duster too. and i'm admiring the '68 charger and '70 'cuda you have in the background. you are one lucky guy = P lol, keep up the good work!

Painted the hood, trunklid, and one of my fenders out tonight. Still trying to find a decent drivers fender for it and a sharktooth grill. Also looking for a cheap set of E70 goodyear polyglas white lettered tires for it and I'll be in pretty good shape after that. The steel rims are getting sand blasted and there going to be shot out black base clear with some new dog dish hub caps. More pictures coming soon.

Looking good so far!

I love black cars. The bodywork has to be great, but if it is they're just awesome. :D

Thanks guys, the 70 cuda and 68 charger are my brothers cars. He has way to many projects(lol).

LOL, black was a bugger to buff out. I had to shut all the lights out and put a shop light beside the car and it showed every little 1500 grit sanding scratch in it.

106_1036[1].JPG

Dang:tongue9: that is sharp as a panther walking though a dark pasture :thumleft:

Beautiful car you have.....The black w/ the dark subtle stripe is an awesome choice.

Looks great, how do I know, I'm kind of into black 71's myself.

Terry
I hear ya seed :thumbrig: that is one fine demon, didn't you win last years best A Body here last year ? I was a Longgone voter, But i am sure you don't hold that against me :happy7:

LIFE%20335.jpg

I hear ya seed :thumbrig: that is one fine demon, didn't you win last years best A Body here last year ? I was a Longgone voter, But i am sure you don't hold that against me :happy7:

Thanks alot Mike, so you're the reason I lost, actually I came in 3rd but considering the stiff competition I count myself lucky with 3rd. :yawinkle::yawinkle:

Terry

I just came up with kind of a neat idea. I just built a killer 440 for my charger and the charger is not quite ready for it yet so I was thinking about dropping it in this car. It's got 475hp and 520tq on the dyno. Would it be a hard to slap this into this car. Also wanted to add the hood came out great and the decal looks killer on it. I didn't relize the 340 on the hood was kind of glossy, still looks neat. I'd keep all the 340 decals on it and just never open the hood to show people so they wouldn't know any different(lol).

You,ve done some nice work on that $1300 car!WOW!!440 in the Demon?Headers are pricey if you don,t want to go fenderwell?Harold at Spitfires is making Mopar BB headers now,no cutting!It,s a suggestion?

Hoods done.. next my truck lid and next week my fenders.

DSCN2622.JPG

DSCN2620.JPG

-
Back