My New Shop!! Yiippeee!

-
Thank goodness!!!

I finally was able to borrow a aluminum break. I got all the fascia covered today, garage door entrance is wrapped, and I'm working on wrapping entrance door. Starting to look for a decent price on gutters now. The bad part about it I was supposed to be at work today but we didn't have anything to do. Maybe we'll be back at it Monday.

I got the FABO decal laying flat as instructed by 2Darts. lol

Pics coming soon...

More pics please!

Mullinax, that place is freakin awesome bud! I could spend the entire winter in there workin on a car & have it ready to rip come spring!
Best of Luck with the place!

George

Thank you sir!

It will have a toilet and sink w/ hot water..... but no shower. I guess I could add one later if need be but it would eat up a little bit of room.

If it had a cot or couch a person could actually live in it without freezing or burning up during the summer. lol

More pics please!

Ill try to get some took tomorrow.

The shower goes outside :D That's my plans when the day comes anyway :D No drain needed on the hill out here in the sticks, it's all down hill from here :D
Congratulations Mullin :cheers:, The fun is about to begin :toothy8:

Thank you sir!

It will have a toilet and sink w/ hot water..... but no shower. I guess I could add one later if need be but it would eat up a little bit of room.

If it had a cot or couch a person could actually live in it without freezing or burning up during the summer. lol

Ill try to get some took tomorrow.

Thank you so much for this incredibly informative thread Marland. Since I'm trying to buy a house/GARAGE I'm so broke I can't even pay attention, lol.

Thank you so much for this incredibly informative thread Marland. Since I'm trying to buy a house/GARAGE I'm so broke I can't even pay attention, lol.
Yea Joe, al we can do is liv off of dreams untill our time comes :happy1:

Yea Joe, al we can do is liv off of dreams untill our time comes :happy1:

Roger that Mike. All in due time. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0LOWCrsAo"]Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (Acoustic Version) - YouTube[/ame]

The shower goes outside :D That's my plans when the day comes anyway :D No drain needed on the hill out here in the sticks, it's all down hill from here :D
Congratulations Mullin :cheers:, The fun is about to begin :toothy8:

Oh you talking about roughing it now.... lol

Trying?? I thought you bought that house Joe???

I know the feeling actually. My banking accounts are at the lowest they have been in a long time.

Here is a few more pics. What you're looking for is the aluminum trim around the doors, heating air unit (small gap over the top), and fascia. I didn't get finished with putting the brick mold up over the top of the garage door. I bought two 10' lengths and they aren't long enough. The final inspection will hopefully take place sometime next week. My camera kind of sucks today for some reason. I need a better camera.

Attachments

• DSC03302.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC03303.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC03304.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC03305.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC03306.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC03307.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 475
  • DSC03308.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 479
Cliff .... you're a tall fellow aren't you?

I need you to come down here and paint the ceiling in my shop!

I'm just trimming it out and it seems like its taking forever. It will more than likely be past Christmas before I will able to hang my decal... boo hoo...

I'm just trimming it out and it seems like its taking forever. It will more than likely be past Christmas before I will able to hang my decal... boo hoo...

I ain't that tall lol

Today was a great day!

I passed the FINAL inspection!

I fill like the shop is mine now for some reason.. lol

We ( the wife mostly ) painted all the inside of this house about a year ago. Vaulted ceilings included. If you haven't tried the Wagner power roller spend the 35 bucks or come and borrow a good used one. It draws the paint into a hollow tube handle and dispences through a special roller. Works great too, even with thick paint like Kilz primer. The secret to success is clean it good after use. The only place that gave me trouble was the far end of the intenal roller. I used a small piece of scotch brite taped to a long stick to get there.

Awesome work Mully!! Ya need to put something in front of the garage and take a pic!! Poured pad....brick garage.... and no wheels???? C'mon..... Great work, the big bad wolf aint blowin that baby down!

We ( the wife mostly ) painted all the inside of this house about a year ago. Vaulted ceilings included. If you haven't tried the Wagner power roller spend the 35 bucks or come and borrow a good used one. It draws the paint into a hollow tube handle and dispences through a special roller. Works great too, even with thick paint like Kilz primer. The secret to success is clean it good after use. The only place that gave me trouble was the far end of the intenal roller. I used a small piece of scotch brite taped to a long stick to get there.

I appreciate the offer but I might as well buy one because I will have to replace yours after I tear it up anyways. lol

I will more than likely stick with the old school method since I have bought a new roller, roller handle, and covers. My mom offered me to use her Wagner sprayer but the shop is getting two different colors. I guess I could use it to spray the primer but I would have to go to the trouble of taping out the garage door........ Im stuck with old school I really believe.

The Garage turned out awesome.............

Thanks. I still have to paint the walls, paint the ceiling, coat the floor, plumb the sink, plumb the toilet, hook the septic system up to the tank, and buy a big nice new clean tool box! lol

Nah... I hope I will have enough green backs to get some type of nice tool box.

Awesome work Mully!! Ya need to put something in front of the garage and take a pic!! Poured pad....brick garage.... and no wheels???? C'mon..... Great work, the big bad wolf aint blowin that baby down!

I'm just right at it but yet still far away! lol

I had my motorcycle in there the other day. It felt good to walk through my attached garage without walking sideways.

I know that I have done most of the labor in order to try to save some money. However I would hate to imagine how much it would have cost to pay someone to do all that I have done. I have a shade over $25,000 in it now but if I would have to add labor to that it would more than likely been $30,000 if not more.

Also material to build something is so high in price now days that it's about ridiculous!!!

Trying?? I thought you bought that house Joe???

I know the feeling actually. My banking accounts are at the lowest they have been in a long time.

Still jumping through hoops. My previous mortgage broker was ah.. incompentent and I decded to just go straight to the lender. My new loan officer is sharp as a tack and with the GFE, I'll be paying 150 bucks less a month .... for 30 years!!! Just got the FHA's engineers inspection OK on Monday, now it's the FHA's appraisail (sp?)......

I can't touch a thing in regards to bank or card accounts and the lender reserves the rights to check my credit at closing and nix the deal..... Neato, lol. Closing has been moved up to 12/16 to coincide with the mortgage lock in rate of 30 days.

I'm shittin' bricks... BTW, who did the brick work on your garage? It's very, very nice.

Yes.... I'm a little stressed.....

Still jumping through hoops. My previous mortgage broker was ah.. incompentent and I decded to just go straight to the lender. My new loan officer is sharp as a tack and with the GFE, I'll be paying 150 bucks less a month .... for 30 years!!! Just got the FHA's engineers inspection OK on Monday, now it's the FHA's appraisail (sp?)......

I can't touch a thing in regards to bank or card accounts and the lender reserves the rights to check my credit at closing and nix the deal..... Neato, lol. Closing has been moved up to 12/16 to coincide with the mortgage lock in rate of 30 days.

Oh ok I understand now. 150 bucks less a month is a big difference in the long run. It will be over with before you know it.

I'm shittin' bricks... BTW, who did the brick work on your garage? It's very, very nice.

It was a local brick mason that has done brick work in this area for a long time. It wasn't mexicans I can tell you that. A friend of mine that works for the brick mason that bricked my shop showed me the difference in quality of work. He and I was on out way to the Guitar Center and stopped at a new convenience store. He said that his boss put in a quote to to do the job but lost it to the mexicans. He showed me misaligned brick, mortar coming out of the mortar joints, and places where there should have been mortar but there was none.

Sounds like a great Christmas for you and a busy one . . . good luck and congrats! Rog

-
Back