My new toy for this winter 1974 Scamp

-
Got a little bit more done to the Scamp today. Finished the carb and got it mounted, found the bell crank and got it painted. I hope that I can get the trans on in the next few days and get the linkage all hooked up. Little by little it is coming along, so far I am real happy with it. I still need to find a RV2 air compressor for it along with a discharge hose, I do have the brackets mounted for it. I sent the radiator in to a shop today to have them leak check it and make sure it is ok to put back in the car. Oh well that's it for now, stay tuned.
Bob

Attachments

• 071.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 072.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 073.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 287
  • 074.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 075.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 297
Hang tight Keith because when this Scamp is done either my 66 Barracuda or the 74 Scamp will have to go, I can't keep them both but that's not for at least another year.
Bob

Hey Mike, yes they did help mostly with the bracket identification and some of the wiring harness. But I have this one wire harness that I can't trace inside the car and I don't know what it is for or where it hooks up to. I sent you an e-mail asking you to see where it go's because I saw it in your pictures. If you look at the pictures I posted at the bottom of the first page of this thread or look up my thread where does this harness hook up to you will see some better pictures of it. It comes out of the fire wall right behind the booster on top through a thick grommet and has just two wires in it which are taped up.
Bob

I thought that was a winter project? Check your calender cuz here in Michigan it's mosquito season, not snow season.

Cool car, have fun with it.

Right at the moment about 10 less mosquito's than before, but I also have about 10 more bumps on my arms. I live on a lake and they are plenty, so if there is anybody out there who needs some mosquito's let me know and I will box them up and ship them to you free of charge. How did we get on mosquito's and get away from my Scamp? LOL
Bob

It happens. Are you keeping it a column shift? I regret ditching mine and going with a 4 speed. I like the path you're going, it appears you are going with a daily driver/ cruiser. You going to be at the mopars at Milan this Saturday?

Yep I will keep it a column shift, I am not going to change anything in the interior. I will be down at the Telegraph cruise this weekend with the Barracuda so I won't see Milan this year.
Bob

I got a little more done on the Scamp yesterday. It won't be long until I fire it up. Just need to finish a few small things and still need to pull the gas tank and clean it and the fuel lines out. I even got to build up the drivers side door, hope to hang it this weekend.
Bob

Attachments

• 078.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 077.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 076.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 212
Dang man !! Looking great, you have been busy 66

But I have this one wire harness that I can't trace inside the car and I don't know what it is for or where it hooks up to.

What did it turn out to be? The seatbelt ignition interlock?

You're doing a very respectable job on your Scamp!:cheers:

No one of the wires from the harness the one with the insulator on it went to the blower motor (green), and the other wire no insulator on it (blue) needed to be locked back into the big plastic wire harness connector behind the passenger side valve cover it goes to the dryer bottle connection. Thanks to moparker (Mike) he sent me some pictures and let me know where they went.
Bob

I know this was supposed to be my winter project but everything was put on hold for a while until today. I finally got some time to spend with the Scamp and my DA. I am hoping that it will be ready for paint soon. I have a few door dings to pick bar out, I just finished the passenger side sail panel, need to finish the drivers side sail panel and a few dings on the drivers side quarter then prime and block my brains out. The hood is done and the deck lid is finished but they are not going back on until the trunk is painted and all the blocking is done then I will re-install them and block the whole car one more time. The car runs great, I have driven it up and down the street a few times now that the exhaust system is finished, it has a real nice sound to it. I will post some more pictures as more work gets done.
Bob

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

Right at the moment about 10 less mosquito's than before, but I also have about 10 more bumps on my arms. I live on a lake and they are plenty, so if there is anybody out there who needs some mosquito's let me know and I will box them up and ship them to you free of charge. How did we get on mosquito's and get away from my Scamp? LOL
Bob
do you know a guy named bill miller? he owns a sign company there in clarkston

I meant to ask. I want to remove the outer rear 1/4 window cat whiskers for paint, are there screws that hold them to the body or are there just clips to be popped out?
Thanks
Bob

No big deal sometimes life gets in the way and projects stall out. I moved 5 years ago if you recall and have not been able to do any of our projects but with my sons help we plan on starting back on the 66 and his 49 IHC this summer.

Well we up here in Michigan finally had a day where it was not 100 degrees, so I had the chance to go outside and do some blocking. First some guide coat then a lot of blocking. I will give it one more coat of primer then some more guide coat and then one more block out then it will be ready for paint. I have decided that it will be painted all dark blue metallic with the silver metallic deck lid stripe, no silver top.

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.jpg

095.jpg

-
Back