My new wheels and tires arrived!

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
But not the lug nuts. ......and I can't put them on the rear until I change the axles to the large bolt pattern.

15X8.........hope they fit!

Attachments

• 20150605_132237.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 617
  • 20150605_095349.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 587
  • 20150605_094922.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 574
Yes! I love stock ralleys!

Think I'll have fitment issues?

Are you running 15x8's front and rear?

What is the rim diameter, width, backspace, and tire size for the front and rear?

Are you running 15x8's front and rear?

What is the rim diameter, width, backspace, and tire size for the front and rear?

Front and rear - yes.

P225/60R15
With a tape measure, 25.5" diameter and 9.25 wide

4.5" backspace

Front and rear - yes.

P225/60R15
With a tape measure, 25.5" diameter and 9.25 wide

4.5" backspace

Back will fit without a problem.

I've run 245/50/15 with 4.5 backspacing with converted small bolt pattern axles which are 3/16" narrower than 4.5 backspacing aftermarket axles. I've also run 15x7 rims with 4.25" backspacing 225/60/15 tires and also 235/60/15 tires on same rims without a problem.

Now in the front, you could be pushing things close. Be very alert and cautious of the front bottom corner of the fender lip. Having the car aligned to 3+ plus caster will help clearance and will help the car feel like it's handing better and take away a little of the super overboosted power steering feel.

Attachments

• FrTireFenderClearance1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 443
Back will fit without a problem.

I've run 245/50/15 with 4.5 backspacing with converted small bolt pattern axles which are 3/16" narrower than 4.5 backspacing aftermarket axles. I've also run 15x7 rims with 4.25" backspacing 225/60/15 tires and also 235/60/15 tires on same rims without a problem.

Now in the front, you could be pushing things close. Be very alert and cautious of the front bottom corner of the fender lip. Having the car aligned to 3+ plus caster will help clearance and will help the car feel like it's handing better and take away a little of the super overboosted power steering feel.

Cool....I'll check my turning clearance real carefully.
+3 degrees huh...it needs an alignment anyway. ....
Other than that I should be ok huh?!!!

Cool....I'll check my turning clearance real carefully.
+3 degrees huh...it needs an alignment anyway. ....
Other than that I should be ok huh?!!!

You're ok in the rear.

In the front, you better cross your fingers.

Have someone back up the car turning out of your driveway dragging the brakes a little while you watch.

There are some tricks you can do to add a little clearance. Or more involved tricks to add a lot of clearance which may freak you out at this point. Just start with the little stuff.

You're ok in the rear.

In the front, you better cross your fingers.

Have someone back up the car turning out of your driveway dragging the brakes a little while you watch.

There are some tricks you can do to add a little clearance. Or more involved tricks to add a lot of clearance which may freak you out at this point. Just start with the little stuff.

Fingers crossed! !!!!!!!!!

I just put some 225/60/15s on the front of my 69 Valiant last night....passenger side was okay but the drivers side was rubbing the fender.

Pushed out the fender strap at the front as far as it would go, pulled loosened all the fender bolts as and pulled out the fender as far as it would go. It was still hitting so I adjusted the UCA to roll the top of the tire in. Looks like it will work, I will need to take the car in to have it alined.
If it still rubs I will add some big torsion bars to limit the front end movement.

I picked up almost 1 inch of clearance at the top of the fender.

Attachments

• IMG_00000799.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 375
Pushed out the fender strap at the front as far as it would go, pulled loosened all the fender bolts as and pulled out the fender as far as it would go. It was still hitting so I adjusted the UCA to roll the top of the tire in. Looks like it will work, I will need to take the car in to have it alined.
If it still rubs I will add some big torsion bars to limit the front end movement.

67-69 Barracuda's and most mopars with front valences don't have a stabilizer bar at the bottom front of the fenders (70-72 Dart/Demon, 64-65 Barracuda/Valliant...). But that is a GREAT place to cheat out some room where the first point of rubbing seems to occur. I did it in my 68 Dart to fit wide tires up front.

You can space the upper center fender strut out some.

7878777-IMG_2160.JPG

7878777-IMG_2154.JPG

Then space the strap to the inner fender connection out with some washers.

Attachments

• 7878777-IMG_2155.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 393
Well, they look good!

All fine except passenger side touch fender when turning hard right.....

I have new Bilstein shocks bub have yet to install...
Also could raise the front a little with the torsion bars but don't know how.....
Will the +3.5 degree caster adjustment solve this?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20150607_083527.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 20150607_083436.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 20150607_083535.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 20150607_083417.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 20150607_083651.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 20150607_083648.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 349
Crank up the torsion bars a bit (bolt in center of lca) and get it algned with more caster. It will be close, but you might make it. I added too much caster to my 69, a out 5.5. No rub at all but it drives kinda funny.

Crank up the torsion bars a bit (bolt in center of lca) and get it algned with more caster. It will be close, but you might make it. I added too much caster to my 69, a out 5.5. No rub at all but it drives kinda funny.

So no more than 4 degrees caster?
Never done the torsion bar thing.....any more info or just stupid simple? !

I put on the Bilstein shocks. .....a little better but not enough. ......
BTW, my old shocks were TOAST!!!!!!! I mean wow.........!!!!!!

I thought that was really going to be a problem. If it was a 15x7 with 4.25" backspace up front you would have had a fighting chance. Too wide of rim for the front with those tires.

That' really close even on the drivers side. You need about 1/2 to 3/4" minimum. When you back up and turn it compressed the suspension forward while it's at it's closest point.

You'll need Moog p/n 7103 offset upper control arm bushing (two boxes/4 bushings) to get near 3 or over degrees of caster with you stock A-arms. Or Firm Fell tubular upper control arm or Bergman Auto Craft SPC adjustable arm. Must go to an alignment shop that does custom/race cars to understand how to adjust those.

I'd consider poly strut bushings with the thick rearward bushing left in not modified/cut. That will push the tire back some too even though it will decrease the amount of positive caster you can get.

I don't think raising the front will solve how much it's touching on the passenger side.

You're going to have to do a lot of little things to add up to a difference. Unless you want to bent or cut the front fender lip. Then you probably won't be able to run those wheel lip moldings.

-
Back