My nut is rounded off.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok someone has tried to remove this bumper bolt in the past.This is a decent driver bumper that i got for the dart,needless to say I want to remove that bracket but the nut is rounded off NOT ME LOL and clean all the rust from the under side of the bumper and paint it for now.So what ya think, will a small hand grinder work or a drum ell with a cut off wheel.Any suggestionsssss.I better not try this now I am on my first drink.

Attachments

• sony pic 721.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 195
Hire that thing from strokerscamps avatar to chew that sucker off. ha, ha.

Try some blaster or kroil, heat, and some vice grips?

Cut off wheel might be a good last alternative, or even tack weld a rod to the end of the nut to get it started.

You might want to try soaking it with liquid wrench until you decide, I love that ****. If you put it on now, you could probably break it loose with vise grips tomorrow.

I could make a comment about being glad you have a round nut and not a hex one because that would put you into a record book, but that would be wrong. I would just make a smaller hex head out with my grinder.

And here I was thinking this was a thread about married life....
Definately go with the penetrating lube and let it soak. You might find a pair of vise grips will be all you need.

I could make a comment about being glad you have a round nut and not a hex one because that would put you into a record book, but that would be wrong. I would just make a smaller hex head out with my grinder.

I'd rather have a rounded nut than a worn out hole.8)

Or a flattened nut for that matter.

did you try a 6 point socket yet? if the appropriate 6 point size doesn't work you might be able to go with something just slightly smaller and beat it on. I had that work with a rounded lug nut, vice grips didn't do **** in that situation. good luck.

Hire that thing from strokerscamps avatar to chew that sucker off. ha, ha.

Try some blaster or kroil, heat, and some vice grips?

Cut off wheel might be a good last alternative, or even tack weld a rod to the end of the nut to get it started.

You ante kidding lmao some of those faces is pretty bad,thanks for the tips.

You might want to try soaking it with liquid wrench until you decide, I love that ****. If you put it on now, you could probably break it loose with vise grips tomorrow.
Has had a little pb blaster overnight.Vice grips slipping now arh.

i would get a long metal blade for a saw-zall, and cut it off that way. i had to do this to a few cars in the past little while

After the night soak with liquid wrench, maybe you can heat it up until it is cherry red, then maybe a small pipe wrench?

did you try a 6 point socket yet? if the appropriate 6 point size doesn't work you might be able to go with something just slightly smaller and beat it on. I had that work with a rounded lug nut, vice grips didn't do **** in that situation. good luck.

na there is like on side left hence rounded nut.Glad some are takeing this anouther way :toothy10:LOL

well, the reason i had to use the long blade, was cause it will bend, as i could not get a cutt-off wheel in their, and the blade bent nicely, and was still able to keep control of the blade. took me 20 seconds to cut off

Dremel cut-offs suck, I tried to cut the bolt on my exhaust and ended up going through a whole pack of the dremel disks and only got halfway through the bolt!

Even if you able to get a wrench on it and break it loose the whole thing would probably start to spin after the first couple of turns. I would cut the nut off with a Dremel. Try to cut into two sides of the nut and then knock the two pieces off with a chisel.

Don this bumper is loose?? And are ya worried about the bolt?? Die-grinder with a cutoff disc. Or there is such a thing as a nut splitter

Have you thought about buying a chisel, the kind you hammer, and putting it against the lip of the nut? With a good pounding, it will slide underneath and cut through the bumper bolt and get the nut off.

take a chisel to side of it to try make it turn. The jarring should help move it. Big hammer

Don this bumper is loose?? And are ya worried about the bolt?? Die-grinder with a cutoff disc. Or there is such a thing as a nut splitter

Its on the living room floor Steve, got to love the wifeee nope that bolt means nothing.I like the blade idea tho.This is the bumper I got from Mrmopartech great guy.

Have you thought about buying a chisel, the kind you hammer, and putting it against the lip of the nut? With a good pounding, it will slide underneath and cut through the bumper bolt and get the nut off.

my Chizzz is toast that's what i tried first.

-
Back