My Pro Street Hemi Duster

-
Awesome ride, man! I have an idea what Hemi Duster acceleration is like! Where in Florida are you located? I'm in Tampa.
I was out of Florida during the Garlits show, otherwise I would have been there to see your Duster up close.

Wow! I love the paint scheme ,and the fact that you put a full interior back in the car making it street ready is great. Elephant ears are testimony that the Hemi went in a long time ago, lol! That`s a very well done Duster, it`s easy to see the hours of work you`ve put into it.

I love the rear tires under it! Looks awesome. Nice truck too! I have a 03 white sport also! Jared

Hey Guys, finally got around to posting some pictures of my HEMIDUSTER :icon_smi:. Just a little background, I bought the Duster when I was 18 (1982) in pieces (motor, tranny out, no seats etc) and over the years got it to the state it is today. The Duster has an orginal 426 HEMI, HEMI 4-speed with the big bad DANA 60. Obviously, I haven't been working on the Duster since 1982 but was able to hold onto it thru my young adulthood, my career, marriage, raising two boys, divorce etc.
Put the motor in the car for the first time in 1995 (the car was black then). I will never forget the first time I heard MY HEMI run and the frist time I drove the Ultimate Warrior. (Wish this site was around back then)
In 2004/05 my sons and I decided that it was time for a change. We decided to go with an original type paint scheme (SUBLIME) and full interior. Here is the somewhat finished product.
This past weekend, I took it to the Mopar show at Big Daddy's with my two sons (16 & 15). This was the first time, the Duster had ever been to a show and in extended public view. The boys and I had an awesome weekend. I left there thanking the man upstairs for holding on to it and never selling it.
It has been a long ride that probaley will never be over as there always seems to be something to improve on. Hope you like it. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
FYI, got a 70 Dart for my 16 year old that we are in the process of completing (motor swap (6 to 360), front disc brakes etc). MOPAR and A bodies are in the family!!!!

You built this duster for the gas milage right? :thumblef: lol

hemiduster - Beautiful Duster! Great overall job with the complete car. Love the hemi with the elephant ears! Sweet ride and gotta have a sweet sound.
I can relate to your story as well. I had a '69 340 Swinger that I purchased used late in 1969. Drove the streets in SoCal and raced it at OCIR for a few years, got stupid and cut it to make a race car out of it. Went through a divorce but kept the house, kept the kids, kept the car, got rid of the 'ex'. Kept the car for another 10 years without the finances to complete it. Got remarried and new wife didn't have the passion for racing that I did so sold the car during a minor financial crisis.
Got the urge to have my Mopar back last year and found a fairly clean and solid '69 Dart on eBay. It's now in construction with a 360 crate motor. Not going to be a 340 Swinger clone - going to be just what I want it to be.
Again, love the look of your HemiDuster. Remember - '...and on the 7th day God created the Hemi'

I whole heartedly understand the work put into this car.

You get what you paid and worked for. Quality Quality Quality and the utmost appreciaton from your Mopar peers for showing and bringing this jewel to life.

Congrats, and Thanks on a job well done.

-RPM

All I can say is WOW!. That is one of the nicest looking Dusters I have seen. You defenently get a thumbs up. I wish I could've seen it in person. My wife and I just got back from Florida this past Sat. We missed Big Daddys show by a week. Did go to the museum for the second time. All I can say is you should be proud to have such a beautiful car. Plus it's a HEMI! I guess I just have to be happy with my 340.

Fred B

I saw this on another site and it could be the Hemi prayer: Yay, though I walk through the valley of rice ,I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

OUTSTANDING isn't even close to describing the car!!!!!!
Also like someone else said, "I love it except for the fact that it's your's and not mine".........I'll also have to just settle on my 340......maybe someday build another motor........Again I say OUTSTANDING!!!
Forgot to say that it was very impressive watching each of your videos on your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg.........mtn_jake

-
Back