My race season is over. Dusters wrecked

-
Really glad that your son wasn't hurt, no doubt he feels bad about the car, but it can be fixed. Lousy way to end the season.

Last edited:
Really glad that your son wasn't hurt, no doubt he feels bad about the car, but it can be fixed. Lousy wst to end the season.

Cars unloaded and will be in the shop in 20 minutes. I dive into the front suspension tomorrow and see if there’s a chance of making keystone makeup Halloween race in two weeks. I’ve done some crazy crap a time or two in my life. For now an adjustable weight bar will be getting mounted on the front.

Cars unloaded and will be in the shop in 20 minutes. I dive into the front suspension tomorrow and see if there’s a chance of making keystone makeup Halloween race in two weeks. I’ve done some crazy crap a time or two in my life. For now an adjustable weight bar will be getting mounted on the front.
I hope you are able to get it back together in time, good luck John

He feels like crap but I told him to get past it. He’s actually racing tonight in a friends dragster.
Exactly and he will get past it. Good for him, you fall off the horse, get right back in the saddle. Glad he's good and the car you'll fix it for sure. Bright sides - he's good and you'll be keeping out of trouble over the winter.

This car since the gear change was so nicely mannered but honestly I hadn’t hit nice air all year let alone great air. I think I made three front shock changes all year. Don’t forget up till this year I had an R3 block up front and I don’t know the exact difference but I’m guessing 40-50 pounds at least. I kicked around mounting a weight bar up front a few years ago but that never happened.
What gears are you running ?

Cars unloaded and will be in the shop in 20 minutes. I dive into the front suspension tomorrow and see if there’s a chance of making keystone makeup Halloween race in two weeks. I’ve done some crazy crap a time or two in my life. For now an adjustable weight bar will be getting mounted on the front
Have you had a chance to look at the suspension yet?

Have you had a chance to look at the suspension yet?

No I had a very patient customer waiting on a set of Speedmaster heads so I jumped on those this week. I made a trip to Harbor Freight and Lowes to buy some stuff to make up something to store my frontend above my duster from the ceiling. Hopefully I will have that done tomorrow. I usually store it in my enclosed trailer over the winter but since it needs bodywork I want it handy. It will be much easier to straighten out the suspension without it on.

First of all, I am glad your son is OK. Second, it sounds like he did an excellent job handling the 'crisis', and third, that damage doesn't look too bad from the pictures.

-
Back