My requirements... what to build?

-
You don’t mention any budget. That’s a big variable that’s missing.

300hp to the tire is about 350 at the crank. I would find an LA 360, rebuild it with top quality machine work. I’d use the stock heads. Plug the AIR holes if they have them. Go up to 2.02 intakes, done on a modern seat machine that cuts 5angles. Run a moderate hydraulic cam (I like Comp for overall value but anything with 225* at .050 will work. A decent 4bbl intake and a Thunder AVS. It will exceed that number fairly cheaply. Have your transmission rebuilt. Don’t buy a TCI.
Run 3.23 gears.

It’s not a new car. It will rev more than your Honda on the highway at speed. That’s not a problem or “bad”, and as long as the package is matched and tuned right mileage will not suffer.

I have a decent amount of funds set aside for everything. i dont want to go overboard in one area and not have my fund for other areas of the car. I have never had or built a motor, but my thought is this, I would like to build a motor or have it built for me than less than lets say a Blueprint 408 stoker crate motor shipped to my door. I am thinking I can accomplish this on the motor. That motor list on their website is $6000. I dont really know what to expect for costs but a lot depends on what i finally decide i am going to do.

I bought the car as a driving project. Paint is in decent shape for all original so that is last. however i would like to do the motor, transmission, and rear end all in one big step. So i need to be able to afford all of it within the next 2ish years.

Done by someone that knows what they're doing - it would be close to that I'd think.

-
Back