My restoration 73 duster

-

R BEE

Reaction score
I have been playing with my duster since last Octorber
put the pennys to it as I can in a tuff year. i will try to post some pictures of progress as i go. DUSTER PASSENGER SIDE ROOF RAIL BEFORE 2.jpg

DUSTER PASENGER SIDE BEFORE.jpg

DUSTER DR.SIDE ROOF RAIL BEFORE 3.jpg

DUSTER DRIVER SID EROVE RAIL BEFORE.jpg

DUSTER DRIP RAIL REPAIR.jpg

DUSTER DRIP RAIL REPAIR 2.jpg

DUSTER DRIP RAIL REPAIR 3.jpg

DUSTER PASSENGER SIDE ROOF RAIL BEFORE 2.jpg

DUSTER PASENGER SIDE BEFORE.jpg

DUSTER DR.SIDE ROOF RAIL BEFORE 3.jpg

DUSTER DRIVER SID EROVE RAIL BEFORE.jpg

DUSTER DRIP RAIL REPAIR.jpg

DUSTER DRIP RAIL REPAIR 2.jpg

DUSTER DRIP RAIL REPAIR 3.jpg

pulled carpet and engine still working there.Painted engine compartment

DUSTER INTERIOR BEFORE.JPG

DUSTER HOOD BEFORE.jpg

DUSTER INSIDE THE BEGINNING.JPG

DUSTER NEW GAUAGES.jpg

DUSTER UNDER HOOD PAINT.jpg

Pulled small rearend and added the 8.75 with3.91 sure grip.also adding coil overs. the engine is a 360 with lots of goodies!!! some more of the drip rail work.

DUSTER 8.75 INSTALLATION.jpg

DUSTER 372 MOTOR.jpg

DUSTER UNDER HOOD BEFORE PAINT.jpg

So this is my start right now i have the dash back in waiting to wire up new carpet laid over new floor paint,new headliner seats reinstalled .Working on a tuff wheel setup transmission is to have a rebuild shift kit and 2100-2500 stall torque converter installed. i need to finish hooking the coilovers up hookup brake lines. then install motor.I welcome your comments keep in mind this is not a numbers matching car but it is very solid .will be a 360 punch 30 904 and 8.75 w/391 sg.i am trying to save up for som TTI headers the roof is in primer and i have to say that that was a big job with both sides rusted out .After I put the motor in I will start to re work the body. the color was a B5 blue but i am changing it to a surf blue which comes on the new challengers and they call it b5 blue but its not. I get a couple hrs a week and maybe 3hrs on the weekend to plug away at this I hope you enjoy my project. I have to say that this site has made this project must easyier to find parts for with good people thanks to all that have helped me.

Finished tuff wheel and installed motor finished connecting brake lines and coils overs

DUSTER DASH COMPLETED.jpg

DUSTER NEW ENGINE ON CHERRY PICKER.jpg

DUSTER NEW ENGINE INSTALLED 1.jpg

AWESOME, glad to see another mopar making it back to the streets in prime shape.

keep up the great work its looking good!:cheers:

looking good same paint on my dads 1974 duster were going to start soon

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Love the color, and the upgrades. The repairs are coming along nicely.

Keep it rollin'

stripped hood was a little thicker then I had thought and i was lucky enough to find 35 year old bondo and red putty .so here we go.It will be a while before I can get back on it but will try to keep things going .I still have a lot of body panels to redue transmission to be rebuilt headers to buy,(ouch ).

DUSTER HOOD BEFORE.jpg

DUSTER HOOD UNDER CONSTRUCTION.jpg

DUSTER HOOD STRIPPED AND PLASTIC APPLIED.jpg

DUSTER HOOD IN PRIMER AND SCOOP.jpg

DUSTER HOOD IN PRIMER BACK SIDE.jpg

good job! cool car! looks like its got the space saver fold down rear seat?..like those Dusters! keep up the work!

I really like that gauge layout you have setup in your dash.
Is that a panel you made up yourself or something you bought online somewhere?
I'd be interested in either trying to make my own or buying one if that option existed.

Looking good. You going to cut a hole in the hood so you can get some fresh air for that scoop or is it going to be non functional? Keep up the nice work.

I really like that gauge layout you have setup in your dash.
Is that a panel you made up yourself or something you bought online somewhere?
I'd be interested in either trying to make my own or buying one if that option existed.
I found it on ebay. It looked like a polished aluminum but when i got it it was plastic. the headlight and wiper buttons needed alot of adjusting to use this panel.

Looking good. You going to cut a hole in the hood so you can get some fresh air for that scoop or is it going to be non functional? Keep up the nice work.
i havent deceided yet.
if i get the donut gaskeds then there will be some holes and thanks

I found it on ebay. It looked like a polished aluminum but when i got it it was plastic. the headlight and wiper buttons needed alot of adjusting to use this panel.

Hmm... mind passing me along the name of that ebay seller?
Thanks!

Iwas able to get sometime today . I managed to strip the passenger side repair the plastic fix a small whole in quarter panel. So what is left to strip and prime is trunk and rear panel,drivers side. probably a couple more stripping and repairing days. All for now
RBEE

-
Back