My restoration 73 duster

-
Well got a little time today to work on the drivers side.Iwasn't as lucky on this side ,found me some more of that 30 year old bondo that I had to grind out and re-due. maybe tomorrow she will get primered but still have some touch and straightening to do.

DR SIDE IN PRIMER . trunk and rear panel still need to be striped

Well made to a first coat of primer today.now I can go back to the mechanical stuff.

Where has the time gone . I have the duster in primer as of last september. Been working 7 days a week damn economy. I hope to be back on the duster in a couple of months.And when the day i get to work on her I will post more pictures.
R BEE

It has been almost a year since I pulled back the plastic but i managed to
install the rebuilt transmission and install the long awaited TTI headers.
I will try to post a picture soon.
RBEE:cheers:

Well I managed to put together the duals today with a cross pipe and dynomax mufflers.Went to put driveshaft in and it is to long . I changed the rearend from 7 .25 to a 8.75 and think I am about three inches long on the drieshaft, Is there a common size for a 360 engine 903 trans and 8.75 rearend. in 73 duster???

Well I managed to put together the duals today with a cross pipe and dynomax mufflers.Went to put driveshaft in and it is to long . I changed the rearend from 7 .25 to a 8.75 and think I am about three inches long on the drieshaft, Is there a common size for a 360 engine 903 trans and 8.75 rearend. in 73 duster???

Measure up what fits your car, different springs etc will vary the lentgh of the shaft.
Also check that your yoke size is the same on the 8.75 from the 7.25.

I had some progress pictures that have disappeared Just wondering
lot of work MIA
R BEE:banghead:

A lot of pics were lost about a year ago when the site had sort of a meltdown.......
Great thread you have going here though!

It has been a long road and I haven't posted pictures since well ahh the melt down . I have had a friend inspire me and help me with the wiring of my cool new to the duster dash. Thanks WRENCH!!!! I have installed the transmission. and shortened the drive shaft. finished the exhaust and I hope I can down load the sound clip if I can figure it out . The wiring is the hang up that WRENCH helped me and I am exteamly thankful for his help!!!! Well just tried to down load sound clip but says invalid file so not this time . Just know I am back on the duster and working 70 plus hrs a week but am going to try and get her on the road in the next year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omIxo0QRBWY&feature=plcp"]duster sound clip - YouTube[/ame] :cheers:

Thanks adam ! This engine has been pickled for 12 yrs and was one of my
late model race motors . She was crisp then and still is :) Raced it with a 4412 holley 2 barrel . Seems to like the 750 4 barrel :)

some of the old pictures and some new ones . Just started to take apart fron end to see what needs what

Attachments

• dr door dash.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 444
  • trunk inside shot.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 509
  • taillight shot.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 447
  • reworked tail light.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 444
  • rear trunk shot.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 435
  • out side dash shot.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 442
  • front end hood down shot.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 440
  • drivers side with upper control arm removed.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 448
  • front dr sid torn down.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 448
  • dr side view.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 452
few more .Will try to add more when I get a chance to work on her.

Attachments

• under hood shot.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 475
  • dash steering wheel.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 498
  • under trunk paint.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 482
  • pass rear taillight shot.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 446
P-S-T front end kit has arrived and the disasembling has started.
Lower control arm bushings were bad and I never would have known if I haden't taken apart .Pressed out the old center and had to touch out the outside bushing ,new poly bushing pressed right in. Upper control arms went with P-S-T also needed a little trimming but no big deal fit good and relocated the bumper stop .I will snap off some pictures soon
R BEE

Been busy today I also installed the swaybar which should help . I am just about ready to go back to the body which should be a good fall winter project. I was amazed at how bad some of the parts that I remove were. Pitman arm bad tie rods and the lower control arm povits

Attachments

• DSCN0430[1].jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 458
  • DSCN0426[1].jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN0425[1].jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCN0424[1].jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCN0437[1].jpg
    66 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCN0434[1].jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCN0429[1].jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 397
  • DSCN0427[1].jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCN0432[1].jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 400
The front end is back under the car with the added parts. Now I need to split the engine and transmission and remove the balanced fly wheel , I have had a vibration and through this site's help it was determined that the fly wheel should be the reason. I will report when job is done . I really dread having to take her apart again :( but we all know what a drive line vibration can do!!

The flex plate has been changed and the vibration is gone !! Now down to small mechanical stuff .cut outs and line lock :) then back to the body.

Ok so not quite finished leaning over fenders line lock has arrived.
Still raising funds for cut outs . then the sanding will start. but until then .:burnout:

Ok cut outs have arrived will post pictures soon . I went with the 3"
and all I can say is I can't wait to find time to install. :burnout::burnout:

Well I was able to weld in my cut outs I went with 3" and
wired it up . i put the switch on the left lower dash All I can say is WOW
what a sound . I will post a sound clip or 2 when my daughter gets a chance to help me load.Still need to tie up the line lock then start back on the body. Stay tuned for a sound clip.
RBEE:burnout:

-
Back