My restoration 73 duster

-
Man, nice work. Your makin want to start working on my 73 again.

Thanks I hope I am able to inspire I just wish I had more time to work on
the Duster.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKE_pYAR3iI&feature=plcp"]Cut-outs rock! :) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAZlrraasY&feature=plcp"]Button of fun - YouTube[/ame]

enjoy I sure am

These are 2.5" pipe to a 3' cutout It seems to have the sound of open headers.Next is to finish the line lock. Then back to the sanding. I am in hopes to have car finished for our Mopar Magic show here in VT on Fathers day.
RBEE

Got a little time today so I installed the windshield.
Just that much closer to paint . Will have many hours of block
sanding and priming before paint. I will get somemore pictures next time
I get to the shop.
R BEE

Took a view on Thanksgiving and removed the door handles and the mirrors. Hope to spend a little time this weekend .Did a quick lite spray
with eitching primer on the hood which is what I am thinking about doing .
Will try to post some pictures this weekend
R BEE

block sanded first coat of primer and recoated roof and hood

hood and roof reprimered

Attachments

• DSCN0438[1].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 324
reprimed

Attachments

• DSCN0439[1].jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 334
Love the cutouts

Attachments

• DSCN0443[1].jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 325
PSI kit sway bar

Attachments

• DSCN0446[1].jpg
    75 KB · Views: 329
The sanding has begun. I will be reblocking the roof but the hood and the top of the fenders look pretty good and I may get away with final sanding.
The rest of the car is still in first coat of epoxy primer so there will be lots of sanding and priming before paint. I will be sanding and spraying through out the winter and hope to keep the pictures coming to those that wish to follow. my project.

I first sanded my roof with 180 dry with a block I sanded the roof where I had welded in all the drip rails and the center roof patch. Today I wet sanded the second coat with 220 wet and block also wet sanded the drivers side and reprimed both the roof and the drivers side . I believe that i will be able to wetsand with 400 and then again with 600 and should be ready for paint.I am using RM epoxy primer. I believe I have about t2 more full days of sanding then paint .

Well I placed my order for my paint I am going with ppg base coat and 2021 ppg clear coat also ppg black matt coat. I like our local ppg dealer
and want to support them also like there product. I won't be painting till next year but wanted to get the supplies coming. still need to find more sanding and priming time.
I hope to take more pictures as I go from prime to paint.with some mix details and presure spray settings to help those that haven't painted before.

MAN !!!! Been watching for awhile.....still loving the build....sounds awesome with the Loud Button ON....and nice with the dumps closed.

Cant wait to see it done......bet you cant either!!!!

Wow a reply thanks .I have seen a lot of views but not to many comments in the last year . Yes I will be happy when she is on the road but will miss the building and posting the build here on a-bodiesonly . This site has inspired me to save my pennies and continue the build. Thanks again
R BEE

Howdy. Just sitting here this morning wandering around the site. Decided to check out your build. Wish I had checked on it sooner. Your doing a good job here. I'll be checking in on your progress. I know where your at with the economy, I haven't been able to work on mine for almost a year. Keep up the good work.:coffee2:

Just need to sand passengers side and trunk and back then re prime final on those panels and will begin final sanding prep.Should start back on it begining of the year I hope.

Attachments

• DSCN0451[1].jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN0450[1].jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN0449[1].jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 264
Have been working all month and finally took a day for me. So
i tackled the passenger side . The first couple pictures are before ,the next 2 are from wet sanding with 220 grit wet dry paper. I am blocking one body line at a time as to make a striaght line on each body surface.

Attachments

• DSCN0476[1].jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN0478[1].jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN0480[1].jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN0481[1].jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 216
Here are a couple more before and during also found a couple of spots that needed repair I must have been in a hurry to prime the quarter :)

Attachments

• DSCN0479[1].jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN0482[1].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCN0483[1].jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN0484[1].jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 229
-
Back