my rotisserie

-

rusty

Reaction score
I have been woking on this for awhile,finally close to done.Just need to get the Dart ready to go on!

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 643
I like your design. Looks like you have two different vertical adjustments. Seems like you will be able to adjust it once for center of gravity so it spins easy, and then use the rams to raise and lower the car whenever you want for convenience. Is there some kind of safety so the weight of the car isn't on the rams all the time?

Looks to me like it can be pinned at various vertical elevations. Is there a list of materials or stock you made this out of? I need one myself as I have three projects waiting for one.

I kinda flew by the seat of my pants on design,looked at various rotisseries online.The take are for lifting the car,will pin the main part when I get it balanced.Was thinking of putting a balance bolt on it like the auto twirlers.Most of it is made of 2 and 2 1/2 sq 3/16 thick tubing except the part with the wheels and the up tube is 2 1/2 and 3 in 3/16 tube

I like it. It looks nice. It's a LOT better than I can do. BUT.....and I hate it when somebody critiques stuff sometimes....but I think I have a valid point. Look at the horizontals you have the wheels mounted on. I think there's a distinct possibility they could fail. It would have been stronger if you had flipped them long side vertical. They would have been MUCH stronger. It's a great build....mine would have looked like a caveman did it.

I like it. It looks nice. It's a LOT better than I can do. BUT.....and I hate it when somebody critiques stuff sometimes....but I think I have a valid point. Look at the horizontals you have the wheels mounted on. I think there's a distinct possibility they could fail. It would have been stronger if you had flipped them long side vertical. They would have been MUCH stronger. It's a great build....mine would have looked like a caveman did it.[/

I hate to critigue also. it may flex with weight on it if so he could just weld a stiffener across the bottom for strength. Other then that it should work nice job.

I don't mind criticism but a friend had one similar with thinner metal,had a late 60s Chevy Biscayne on it without a problem.He didn't even have gussets just a round tube welded to 2x4 square.I do appreciate the comments they give a guy something to think about!

Maybe make some gussets to run the majority of your lower horizontals length and up that upright as far as possible. Transfer some of the load to that upright if you find it flexing.

Could also triangulate it out of the 1-1.5" sq tube, .090-.120 wall, as far up that upright as possible.

Always noce to see some home built items. Good job.

Looks good. Def add the balance rod (acme threads). Adding more gussets like the auto twirler or summit brand would be a good move as mentioned by others.

Yeah, I can't really add any gussets to the upright because of the way it raises.The 3 inch has the round pipe and slides over 2 1/2 inch which is welded to the base with the wheels.I have small 1/4 thick gussets welded at the bottom

Added balance screws,I just used 3/4 allthread there is a bearing in the cup,suprising how easy it lifts the car with the screw.Going to wait till my next day off before I actually try to lift and turn the car.Also pics of what gussets I can put on.

Attachments

• IMAG0105.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 387
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 401
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMAG0108.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 389
Looks killer Todd! That one's definitely more stout than the one Dave had the Biscayne on. It shouldn't having a problem holding up the Dart.

Got the dart on finally,still just playing around.Seems to be plenty strong!

Attachments

• side dart.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 297
-
Back