My shop got vandalized....

-
"I am so glad they did not get inside"

That sucks and arguing with the insurance is worse!! Am I understanding that all these vehicles that were damaged were outside [in a fenced in lot I suppose] and not secured inside a locked building? If that's the case I foresee a 13 round fight with the insurance folks they will do anything to not pay up and that fact may help them, and classic car insurance company's for the most part want their covered vehicles secured weather at home or at a garage that's repairing them.

it-s a quote from the trailor park boys a Canadian mockumentry tv show made in Halifax nova scotia

That quote has been around for a LOT longer than that show has. I've been hearing that since the late 80s.

Did they identify them from the finger prints? That's screwed up if these punks at 8 and 10 have finger prints on file. They should arrest the parents and make them do community service earning money until they pay you back. Otherwise you got screwed and they laugh it of. That sucks that the insurance co. now wants to give you a hard time. I'm sorry I hope somehow you come out on top. People like this are losers their whole lives.

Feel for you-My work truck just got broken into at 10:30am on a sunny day on a busy street in Milwaukee,Took $6,000 worth of the tools I work with every day,They did this in a matter of minutes while I was doing a estimate,Huh at least the police did something for you here in Milwaukee they took 5 hrs. to get to the scene and just laughed when I asked if they would find my stuff---Steve

lock those kids up in the insurance office for awhile, see how they like it...

Wow that really sucks, sorry for your loss. Those kids must have come from a shallow gene pool. I wonder if they call their father Uncle Dad. Who knows maybe the mother and father are really brother and sister. It won't be long and they will have their very own DOC number.

same here took only snap on tools no parts or nothing could've had all kinds of hemi things but didn't thank god soooo I bought three of those hunting cameras with no flash hoping to catch them.......thank god for good in.they replaced all of it,she eeeeeeeeeeew ......................Artie

The G usually sits inside during this time of restoration,previous to this it had always been at Dads in the barn, but the bays were full and I had to leave it out... yes the other cars were outside too... I guess after 33 years I have been fortunate and only had a couple minor incidences happen up to now. I always try to remember to lock cars but you cant be perfect all the time and I dont live in the city my town has under 9K people in it and is usually a very safe town. The family lives right around the corner from the shop in an apartment building, the father ,or so he calls himself, is a single parent of 6 (no excuse!!!!). Last year I figured I'd help him and bought a few quater cords of wood towards the end of the year, he sells it like that out front of the building. Then while I was talking to him I told him who I was and he ended coming to the shop, no money of course, and I diagnosed a problem for him free of charge. I always try to be fair and treat people as good as possible, this time it bit me in the *** but it wont change me I will still try to help who ever I can.
Yes the cops took finger prints, DNA swabs etc... but what nailed them was the foot prints and full hand prints in the fire extinguisher powder in the boat. They had an idea and persued it and it all matched up. The rest of the kids in that family are well known at the PD as it seems these lil ***** will be from now on too.
Thanks for all the support from everyone on FABO, I have had calls from a lot of customers and from people I didnt even know that read it in the paper and watched it on the news to tell me how bad they felt that this happened to us. Maybe some good will come out of this and we will get a few new cutomers. We are a stand up shop and will do whatever we have to to keep everyone happy and return the vehicles to the condition they were in before the incident regardless of insurance help. Still waiting for 2 more adjusters to get here so I cannot touch the cars untill then, thank god my customers are patient and understanding people.

I'm glad to hear this won't change you.Hopefully the father will be held accountable, but from the way it sounds the children are following his lead.

nah just nutter the kids and parents so they cant create more offspring to further contaminate the gene pool

I would just hang them all and be done with it.:D

I'm glad they caught those little rascals and hope the insurance does pay you for the loss instead of jerking you around.

I'm sure things have changed over the years but when I was that age Me,My Cousin and a friend threw rocks through all the windows in a local warehouse.We were caught and our parents had to make restitution.I worked a whole summer mowing and trimming my Grandpa's lawn.At the end of the summer I got a check from him and had to turn the whole thing over to my Dad.Lesson learned.Hope you get some satisfaction from the insurance Company.

Man, that sucks and really sorry to hear about it. Hoping the insurance company sees things in your light and takes care of the issue.

I know in Michigan a lot of schools have the cops come in and fingerprint kids so that they have them on record for whatever reason - i.d. in a criminal case, to i.d. a body, etc. I think it's a great idea.

First off, I feel for you as responsible person trying to make a living.
Next.
The rotten apples don't fall far from the tree.
Man, you are way to "nice".
Six kids and in an apartment? Would have told me everthing I needed to know.
I've got obvious section 8 across the street from me in a rental.
No visible means of support.
The less I see of them and their litter the better.
Never even said "HI" to them.
That's not judgmental.
That's being a fruit inspector and protecting my own.
Disagree if you must.

I left something out of this story that I feel I should tell and only left iot out because I was greeted once with negativity about it. We have a guy that helps us out, mows the lawn, sweeps up inside, does odd jobs, and we pay him for it and he even has his own set of keys to the shop and has had them for almost 2 years, well he lives in a camper in the back yard. I dont want to be looked at as an enabler to him staying poor so all should know he was living in his van when I first approached him and bought him a camper and offered him some part time work as well as a place to call home, since that day his quality of life has increased 100 fold and he is actually our watch dog too. We have not had even a small incident since he has been living there, well Saturday the day of the night it all happened he was helping a friend across town put a trailer on a pad and they worked late into the night and he had a few beers and did not want to drive and he came back 'home' sunday and was greeted to this mess, well what I left out was his camper was also broken into buy those little bastad's and they friggin destroyed the place, went as far as to take eggs out of his fridge and thow them all over the inside as well as drag his TV outside into the yard and his stereo and a whole mess of his belongings, they also smashed out all 4 roof vents from the inside... it was such a sicking scene of that alone then to add my losses too, well he did not want to be in the news but the cops took pics of his place and those little ***** are getting charged for burglary as well as criminal entering and criminal mischeif and add in the criminal vadalization form my stuff too as well as criminal tresspass for the damage done to my stuff. I hope you all understand and I think you will that we are not holding him back to live life in lesser means, he is a happy go lucky guy since he moved in and we treat him like family. We are even paying for the damages to his stuff.

The only incident I had with kids and vandalism;

I was in my back yard, cleaning and saw some potato sized rocks being thrown over the fence. They were aiming for the rear window of my '72 Duster. One bonked the quarter panel, which didn't matter (needs replaced anyway) and the others landed nearby.

I jumped the fence and saw the one with another rock, ready to go.

I scared the hell out of his friends, who all bolted. The one with the rock just dropped it and started walking away.

I got his attention by saying "I saw what you were doing, or rather, trying to do to my car." Immediately, I got a strung line of cussing followed by him saying that I couldn't prove anything... Mouthy little ****! So I told him that we could have a talk with his dad about it. He responded a bit more friendly to that.

I told him that one of the rocks hit my car and left a dent, and that I think we needed to talk to his dad about paying for the damage. He said that he'd do it again. So I told him that he'd better be sure to keep other people from doing it, because if it happened again or if I saw damage on any of my cars, I knew where he lived and I'd come after him, regardless.

Free guard dog for the rest of the time I lived there. Never saw anything happen or go over the fence ever again. I did hear him tell other people that there was a crazy asshole over the fence and that he'd come over, if anything went over, to some other kids outside.

You'd be surprised at how some kids, even at the age of 10 and under, can be so ugly.

So sorry to hear that these brats had nothing better to do one bad 440 :shock:
At this age 8 and 10 you can count on it being the parents fault and I would bet they have been doing damage and wrong doing around town in other places.
So sorry to hear they hit your place and your friend you gave a place to live, and work at and feel at home there, thank you for that, I had a cousin that did about the same thing in Florida and the farmer considered him family (the best thing to have happened to him) as he was the only child of a broke up mirage and the last I herd he had a small house by a pond on the farmers property

I truly hope the ins. co don't try and find loupe holes around covering your lose.
Some peoples children :banghead: Yes! If it would have been my boys you can bet I would be held responsible if they was that age.

Hang in there and keep us updated

Nothing wrong with, or better than, helping those that need help.
That's one reason I started shopping at Kroger. They seem to hire special needs people for baggers.
Who in the world could find fault with your man but someone that had issues themselves?
I think memike says it best : "......they had nothing better to do.....".
Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.
Years ago, before the welfare state took hold, I heard the story of someone that kept a pile of rocks in his back yard.
When the pan handlers came by, he let them move the pile of rocks from one side of the yard to the other. Then he would "help" them.

One of my early childhood memories.
It was summer we were going to have our lunch on the back porch when a lady came to our screen door selling pencils. My mother had no extra money to give her. So my mother invited her to have hotdogs with me and my older sister. But first my mother provided some first aid to her injuries. I didn't remember that part till my sister told me about it a few years ago.

... they worked late into the night ....

Two years ago I had someone paint all my license plates white. The whole plate except the yearly tag. I didn't find out until one of my employees had told me about the plate. I was pissed. I called my wife and had check all the vehicles and yes all painted white. I reported it to the local pd, they came out and took pics. I asked if I needed to get new plates and they said no as long as the tag is still visible. I took some brake cleaner and the paint came off fairly easy. They must have used some of that cheap rattle can paint from Wal mart.

If society would let use raise our kids instead of being so PC. When I take my grandson's to the store the know they need to behave. I don't tolerate any type of disrespect.

Apply the board of education to the seat of knowledge.

I left something out of this story that I feel I should tell and only left iot out because I was greeted once with negativity about it. We have a guy that helps us out, mows the lawn, sweeps up inside, does odd jobs, and we pay him for it and he even has his own set of keys to the shop and has had them for almost 2 years, well he lives in a camper in the back yard. I dont want to be looked at as an enabler to him staying poor so all should know he was living in his van when I first approached him and bought him a camper and offered him some part time work as well as a place to call home, since that day his quality of life has increased 100 fold and he is actually our watch dog too. We have not had even a small incident since he has been living there, well Saturday the day of the night it all happened he was helping a friend across town put a trailer on a pad and they worked late into the night and he had a few beers and did not want to drive and he came back 'home' sunday and was greeted to this mess, well what I left out was his camper was also broken into buy those little bastad's and they friggin destroyed the place, went as far as to take eggs out of his fridge and thow them all over the inside as well as drag his TV outside into the yard and his stereo and a whole mess of his belongings, they also smashed out all 4 roof vents from the inside... it was such a sicking scene of that alone then to add my losses too, well he did not want to be in the news but the cops took pics of his place and those little ***** are getting charged for burglary as well as criminal entering and criminal mischeif and add in the criminal vadalization form my stuff too as well as criminal tresspass for the damage done to my stuff. I hope you all understand and I think you will that we are not holding him back to live life in lesser means, he is a happy go lucky guy since he moved in and we treat him like family. We are even paying for the damages to his stuff.

Any one whom would judge you for giving an almost homeless person a place to stay and something to do is an ***, you are an honest man helping another human being, others may judge you [because most folks think that campers/mobile homes are for losers] but I commend you for helping when you did not have to! I [long ago] was homeless and some one loaned me their 16 foot camper [I was in the air force] just an E2 arrived at my first duty station 1980 with my wife and child, their billeting was full and can't put family's in the barracks. I had very little money left after our drive there, anyway I processed in and reported to my duty section went to work and an E6 there after a few days found out we were living in my truck he loaned us his camper till I got on my feet. That person was my hero he enabled me to save up and but a larger RV so we had our own place and then eventually we got base housing!! God bless you sir! It's unfortunate that these children will receive nothing by way of punishment from either the courts of parents.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Kids are destructive & tweekers are thieves; I've heard so much about senseless acts from both groups lately it's nauseating.

Have a laugh on us

[ame]http://youtu.be/tfPFc8o_hW4[/ame]

When we live in AZ my neighbor had kids hoping his fence and using his yard as a short cut. He was always at work when they did it. I thought I had seen someone walking down his driveway one day at noon. Next day I paid attention, sure enough there was a couple of kids strolling down his driveway. Talked to my neighbor about it he said they pretty much destroyed his flower gardens. I went outside one day, sitting in a lawn chair in his front yard with my camera. Kids flipped out when they seen me and started running. Got on my bicycle and followed them to a house down the road. That Sunday we paid the house a visit. There parents were more than a bit pissed off....These kids ended up buying all the replacement plants, putting them in and taking care of my neighbors landscaping needs for the next year. Every time I seen them two out there when it was 115* working in his yard I could not help but laugh at them...

-
Back