My son and my tools...

-

avarageerod

Reaction score
I have been mising some tools. I just thought I misplaced them. Left them under the hood of something or on a tractor. Well, today I was playing in the garage with my 4 year old son when he wanted to prove how strong he is by turning over his truck. I heard a very distinct noise. He had put alot of my tools, mainly my sockets in the "gas tank" of his truck. My mom always said she wished I would have a kid just like me, well, I got it.

Jul19_0001.jpg

Jul19_0002.jpg

My boy is 3 1/2. I know exactly what you,re talking about. I tried getting him an old yard sale set of his own. It ain't the same as playing with daddys. Thats a good story. I'll bet all you could do was laugh. There is nothing like garage time with the boy and the Cuda.

I bet that had to be a great moment,:toothy10: Looks like he got your 10mm deep well.:cheers:
I still can't keep 10mm in place.8) and looks like that alternator bolt you lost
Thank you for the good moments :happy10:

Lol! Looks like he was "filling the tank" with some water to go along with the tools. :)

I have a few missing too but what a great thing to be a dad!!! :cheers:

small steven working.JPG

lilones.JPG

monstergarage.JPG

No boy's yet here but I bring my daughter out every chance I get She's 2 she just has to get those fender gaps just right

Duster running 013.jpg

Duster running 016.jpg

Hey,we have the same Kid!!!

I was working on th cop car when my ball peen hammer went missing. Could here him pounding something so I went to retrieve my hammer.

Had to clean all the dead ants off the head....

Nothing could have put a smile on my face better then seeing the children with dad's cars :-D:-D Thank you for warming my hart waggin, dusted72 and needsaresto.:cheers: My day is on a good start :cheers:

Great Topic!!!

My son has become my right arm,and he seems more than willing tohelp do anything I ask.

cuda037.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

This pic is about 4 or 5 yrs old, before the Mopar bug bit.

44d9beec.jpg

Yeahhh, I think my dad knew I would be borrowing his tools a lot when he found me jacking up my peddle car and putting it up on "blocks" (which were just pieces of wood as the jackstands were to big :p) I don't remember what he said but pretty sure he got a kick out of it....

Now if his tools are gone he just tells me to put them back when I'm done, haha.

No boy's yet here but I bring my daughter out every chance I get She's 2 she just has to get those fender gaps just right

I guess she just recently reported for duty. That shirts way too clean! My 3 year old becomes a grease monkey in about ten minutes. His mom and I don't try to fight it. The garage is a great place for a kid to grow up.

On another note, I have one of those engine cranes that folds up. Once while I had my back turned, he grabbed the boom and raised it up. The whole thing fell down on top of him. The fact that it was folded up made it front heavy when he raised the boom.Thank God he never even suffered a scratch. The boom came down and gouged the concrete right next to his hand. Now I keep it tied to to something solid. Just a thought. The Angels were watching that day.

Can't say I know the feeling of having my kids work on the cars with me, Sarah and I losing Katie six years ago, but it brings back the memories of working with my dad as a kid. And then again as an adult. I don't know how much I learned from him. Dad's are great. And now Pop and I are both working with Jamison on his cars. Thanks guys, you've brought a big smile to my face and a tear to my eye.

Can't say I know the feeling of having my kids work on the cars with me, Sarah and I losing Katie six years ago, but it brings back the memories of working with my dad as a kid. And then again as an adult. I don't know how much I learned from him. Dad's are great. And now Pop and I are both working with Jamison on his cars. Thanks guys, you've brought a big smile to my face and a tear to my eye.

I lost my oldest son 4 days before my 21st birthday and 13 days after my second was born. That was 4 years ago. His brother is just like him. It brings a tear to my eye too. When I was a kid nail guns had just come out. My father was a contracter and had one laying in the garage. I, being 4, nailed the garage floor a couple times before he got to me. That is the last memorie I have of my dad before he died, so at least its a good one. This was in the same garage the pictures are taken in. So, litteraly like father like son.

This thread's brought back a lot of memories of my daughter helping me out with my Cuda. Only six when I bought the car in 1991, she's 24 now and grew up with its restoration. Always had to get a pic of her and her dates before dances, prom, etc. ("Your MOM has a hot rod???")

This one is when she was about 15 while Slimer was getting ready for paint. Yeah, she's a Mini Me. :-D

View attachment 88735

This thread's brought back a lot of memories of my daughter helping me out with my Cuda. Only six when I bought the car in 1991, she's 24 now and grew up with its restoration. Always had to get a pic of her and her dates before dances, prom, etc. ("Your MOM has a hot rod???")

This one is when she was about 15 while Slimer was getting ready for paint. Yeah, she's a Mini Me. :-D

View attachment 88735

AAAAWWWWW!!!!!

So cute!

Does she still like cars?

Here,s my Haelee.She say,s all Mopar kids are cool!And a wink for MeMike!
I won,t let her in the garage yet.To much junk to get hurt by,I,m usually working on a car and can,t keep an eye on her.HaHa!

HAELEE 051.jpg

HAELEE 048.jpg

This past Christmas "Santa" got my oldest son (7yo) his own small craftsman plastic tool box with an assortment of screwdrivers and 3 adjustable wrenches. He sure is proud of those tools. When school let out this summer we put together a go-cart kit and used his tools as much as possible. Good times for sure.

My boys are 21 and 17 now and still rob me of my tools. I once was cutting the grass and found my hammer the hard way. Why was it in the grass???

Yes its cute when there little not so much for a teen with no ambition. I started loosing tool's and my wife said it was me, yeah right. Well stepson moves out and in his closet with a bunch of skateboard junk are my missing tools.:angry7: Well at least most of them. This was after I gave him his own set!
Great pic's and stories guy's, My youngest son would refer to my 273 powerd 68 Dart as the Vroom Vroom car. :toothy10:

My boys are 21 and 17 now and still rob me of my tools. I once was cutting the grass and found my hammer the hard way. Why was it in the grass???

When I was growing up my old man would find his tools in the yard and tell me that if I planted them they won't grow trees. So buy my own and quit trying to plant ratchet trees with his as seed.

-
Back