Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

Should I stick with the original factory color F8 Dark Green or go with one of my all time favorites Sassy Grass (Greengo) FJ6 (?)? Is FJ6 the correct code for this color?

The color change will cost me an extra $800 (and won't cover the inside of the hood or trunk). It will cover door jambs. The cost would be $1,900 for sealer, base and clear coats for F8 and another $800 for FJ6. If I change the color from factory, I would paint the hood and trunk in the future when I pull the engine out to slip in my newly rebuilt 340-6. The paint job would be applied by a very reputable auto body shop (not a chain paint shop).

Last edited:
What car are we talking about??

Is the first pic of the convertible your car?

If your top was black id go the sassy. I don't think sassy would look as good with the white. That dark green looks good on the car

Yes, my car is the convertible Barracuda.
Without a shadow of a doubt for me......would look a thousand times better in the original F8

I have a 69 dart that is F8 and its really a pretty color when new and Shiny.

To me, F6 is for a 70 or 71 car that is made for the color. In am currently doing body work on my dad's 71 demon for J6 but that is a car that could have been ordered like that and just fits. High impact wasn't really a 60s thing. Imo

Follow your dreams tho :)

My all time favorite color is Sherwood Forrest green..

i like the older mopars in F8 green..

my personal opinion is a lot of the pre 70 cars usually don't look all that good in high impact colors..

Pic you show of the Challenger looks like Sublime/Limelight FJ5.

I think it's way overdone lately, and IMO the darker FJ6 Sassy Grass looks better:

5434998200_5c50569fc4_b.jpg

Last edited:
If you are not doing the jambs, trunk, and engine bay - stick with what it is now. Partial changes just look horrid to me. Like blacking out under the hood. It screams cheap.

I completely agree with others, stay f8. Wrong car for high impact color.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND another thing....if (according to your title) it is YOUR turn to pick the paint...why are we doing it?

F8 the pre 70's cars don't look right when painted high impact colors.

Definitely F8. I have seen some 67-69 Barracudas painted in Sassy, and they just don't look right. I do like that color on E Bodies and even AMXs (actually called Go Green I think), but never on 67-69 Barracudas. Here is my 69 in F8. Did all the body work and the paint myself.
Cuda 49.JPG
Cuda 50.JPG

Definitely F8. I have seen some 67-69 Barracudas painted in Sassy, and they just don't look right. I do like that color on E Bodies and even AMXs (actually called Go Green I think), but never on 67-69 Barracudas. Here is my 69 in F8. Did all the body work and the paint myself.View attachment 1715046109 View attachment 1715046110
thanks for the pics. That is exactly how I want to paint my 67 FB. I want to use the 69 stripe on my 67, as well. White stripe looks great, but I was thinking maybe a red stripe.

-
Back