My Valiant is almost back on the road. Hurray

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
:cheers: Finally got new rear up under my valiant redneck style today in my carport. Has been off the road since fall. There was no moving her to garage after rear puked so have been outside in my little carport swapping rears which has been interesting. Mulled over swapping to 8 1/4 but decided to stay original with my valiant. Originally had a 3.23 7 1/4 sure grip and was lucky enough to find same setup out of a 67 dart. Removed old rear last weekend & prepped rear from dart with new pinion seal ,axle bearings & brake lines. Was off today with great weather so got new rear in place finally before beer-thirty hit & hopefully can finish reassembling everything,bleed brakes & have her back on road by Sunday. Cheers :drinkers:

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• parts 382.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 196
  • parts 383.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 203
  • parts 387.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 189
  • parts 388.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 195
I LOVE the look of that little beauty of yours. I'm also glad to hear it will be back on the road soon, that gem needs to be enjoyed!! Nice job and nice car!! Geof

i love the look of that little beauty of yours. I'm also glad to hear it will be back on the road soon, that gem needs to be enjoyed!! Nice job and nice car!! Geof

x2

Outstanding!!!! I am so glad this is behind you and:cheers:
YES!! That is a great looking Dart right there cosgig :glasses7:
I will never put an 8 3/4 hp robbing rear end in my 66 /6 car.. maybe an 8 1/4 one day, our cars are light below 3.000lbs

Thanks guys. Weather set me back, but almost finished. Just need to bleed brakes & double check everything. Put my track meats from cuda on the rear just to see different look & wow looks cool IMO with some stout rubber.

Attachments

• parts 397.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 125
  • parts 399.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 138
  • parts 400.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 126
  • parts 398.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 127
Looks like a nice Valiant. With spring in the air I'm sure it will be nice to get it back on the road.

-
Back