My winter project. 1974 W100 Utiline

-
I have a Warlock pickup that I am hoping to get to some decade. Will need to find a bed for it, but the rest of it looks pretty rust free......I should have never bought the thing, but you know how that goes....

Pulled off the front clip today. Why can't working on Abodies be this easy? Engine and trans is coming out next. I have run into a problem though. It appears the front end of the frame is tweaked a little from a previous accident, but all of the body panels still line up. I have not measured it yet, but I did notice that the front bumper is farther out on the passenger side and the pitman arm is really close to the leaf spring.

Attachments

• Front end.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 530
I have a Warlock pickup that I am hoping to get to some decade. Will need to find a bed for it, but the rest of it looks pretty rust free......I should have never bought the thing, but you know how that goes....

That's cool. I would love to see a picture of it Inkjunkie. I don't think that I have ever seen a warlock on the road.

Nice looking truck I would do a 4"-6" suspension lift.. I had a W350 Dana 60 front Dana 60 rear end with a 383 bigblock 411 gears and 8" suspension and 3" body on 39.5s..

well since we're posting "W" truck builds on an "A" body forum heres a couple of mine I did a few years back. won 1st place at the Mopar Nationals, and Best lifted truck at Summit Truckfest and several magazine spreads. good luck with the build nice clean starting point.

WOW!!!! That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet truck. =P~ No wonder you won a few awards. Yowzers.

Ink, post some pics of the Warlock. Didn't they come in Black, Dark Blue and Green?

I'm just itching to get my hands on a 'Lil Red Express. Love the Red, Gold and Chrome!

Wylde1.

That's what I'm talkin' about. Beautiful truck. I love the wheels and tire combo. How big is the lift and what is the tire size? The stance looks perfect.
Superlift 3.5" lift with 16" mickey thompson wheels and 35" yokohama geolander tires

I didn't now they made a 2.5" body lift I now they make 2" and 3" unless your making it home made.

Made my own from materials at work on the lathe. I am not using a very tough fiber impregnated polymer material that is used for fabricating spacers and blocks in an industrial setting. Lighter than aluminum, but super strong. I will post pics of them later. Much cheaper than buying a body lift. It's one of the advantages of my job. Access to a full machine shop. 8)

Made my own from materials at work on the lathe. I am not using a very tough fiber impregnated polymer material that is used for fabricating spacers and blocks in an industrial setting. Lighter than aluminum, but super strong. I will post pics of them later. Much cheaper than buying a body lift. It's one of the advantages of my job. Access to a full machine shop. 8)

Can I have your job,lol?

Or at least get free machining?

thats a clean truck to start with.

you dont need that superlift or bodylift to fit 35"s you are just waisting money IMO at most if your springs have negative arch just add one at a local shop and i dont like bodylifts but thats just me.

for lift just make some longer shackles on the front axle and flip the ones on the rear using some front hangers that its like 4" lift and some minor cuts to the front fenders, here some pics of what im talking about and how it looks.

26junio2010027.jpg

26junio2010031.jpg

26junio2010030.jpg

FOTOSCAMARAFRANKI539.jpg

and for offroading

6152286-ThermoquadBadge.jpg

thats a clean truck to start with.

you dont need that superlift or bodylift to fit 35"s you are just waisting money IMO at most if your springs have negative arch just add one at a local shop and i dont like bodylifts but thats just me.

for lift just make some longer shackles on the front axle and flip the ones on the rear using some front hangers that its like 4" lift and some minor cuts to the front fenders, here some pics of what im talking about and how it looks.

That's another nice looking powerwagon Dodgestrike. Thanks for the advice, but I really don't want to trim the fenders, but I may go with longer shackles and add a leaf because it's cheap.

badart : the trim is minor you can't actually notice it unless you are side by side to a stock one and is just on the front fenders so your stepside bed will stay untouched ,this way you clear the 35" with less lift and even at full travel it even cleared some 38.5 boggers.

needsaresto : the button is just a pic i got from moparts ,id love to have one of those :-D

yep some people use it to remove the factory block and retain the stock height but if you leave the block you gain 4" give or take. you can fabricate them but i dont see why when you can use the stock front ones that are proved to work and cheaper.

Thanks Dodgestrike I wil most likely do what you have done. I like the stance of your truck too.

Thanks for the link R72Demon. I am a member over at Ramcharger central too, but the traffic over there is really slow and the guys at FABO know all things mopar, even the trucks.

im a member over at RCC too even have a "build thread" but no one seems to care lol. i post overthere now and then if i have some questions or if i can answer other people questions.

if you plan on wheeling your truck bfg mudterrain its a great all around tire , put some rocksliders so you dont do unnecessary damage to the body and a TQ its like efi when properly tuned i havent seen another carb perform the same.

i have pics of the slider design we used if you need them i can postem.

im a member over at RCC too even have a "build thread" but no one seems to care lol. i post overthere now and then if i have some questions or if i can answer other people questions.

if you plan on wheeling your truck bfg mudterrain its a great all around tire , put some rocksliders so you dont do unnecessary damage to the body and a TQ its like efi when properly tuned i havent seen another carb perform the same.

i have pics of the slider design we used if you need them i can postem.

I just don't like the fact that you need image hosting over at RCC.

I love the BFG mudterrain tires. Actually my grandfather retired from BFG many years ago so I buy them when I can.

I am a holley guy and plan on running a 4160 because that is what I know best.

I think that I will hold off on the sliders for now, but thanks for the offer.

Spent some time media blasting a few parts last night and doing a little rust removal. I can't believe how rust free this truck is.

Attachments

• Blasted parts..jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 587
Very nice BD! I really like the rear bumper mods. I have a very similiar rear bumper on the RC and I just may steal a few of those ideas.

Very nice BD! I really like the rear bumper mods. I have a very similiar rear bumper on the RC and I just may steal a few of those ideas.

Thanks ramcharger that is quite a compliment coming from you, because I have seen the work that you do. I am building this truck to be used and honestly the only reason why it is getting paint is because I want to keep it from rusting. It's too solid to let it rust away. The bodywork will not be perfect, but will look decent when done.

Tonight I blasted the drivers front corner, so the entire front clip is stripped other than the hood. I will have to sand that or chemical strip it.

-
Back