Narrowed rear

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
SO here is a question for the masses...in order to get wider tires people use the 3 inch relocation kit with a minitub (trunk readjustment)...Do most of you all narrow the rear end too? If so how much? If so what width/tire/backspacing? if not narrowed width/tire/backspacing? I think the goal is more rubber on the road...im all ears

to fill the wheelwell with 15x10 you,ll need to have a 7.5 backspacing.An A-body 8 3/4 housing is 52 5/8 housing end to end.I took a C-body housing and had it shortened to 46 5/8(3 inch off each side of A-body width)I can run 15x10 with 4.5 b.spacing.Hope this helps.

Like Petty said, I shortened mine 4 inches on each side and run 3.5 inch bs on 15x10 wheels.

Great help guys! thank you...What size tires are you running exactly? Thanks again
I had a 68 dart , I narrowed the housing , I took off 3in. from each side, put in the spring relocation kit, moved the inner wheel well in to the frame, used a 15x 10 rim w/ a 5in. back spacing, & used a 325/50/ 15 tire it looked really good:thumblef:

I had a 68 dart , I narrowed the housing , I took off 3in. from each side, put in the spring relocation kit, moved the inner wheel well in to the frame, used a 15x 10 rim w/ a 5in. back spacing, & used a 325/50/ 15 tire it looked really good:thumblef:

That just goes to show you that each of these cars is different and you should measure YOUR car and not rely on other people's measurements.

45 5/16 housing width. 50 5/8 overall. 4.5 backspacing. Mini tub and spring relocation done. 28 x 13.5 ET streets on 15x10 rim.

Attachments

• paint8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 236
  • sexy.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 257

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs"]Monty Python-Bring out your dead! - YouTube[/ame]

Talk about bringing an old topic back to life.

But since we're on the topic, when you guys narrow the housings, are you narrowing the shafts as well or just buying the correct length shafts?

Talk about bringing an old topic back to life.

But since we're on the topic, when you guys narrow the housings, are you narrowing the shafts as well or just buying the correct length shafts?

Depends on what you are doing. If you are talking a car that will some strip duty I would just get new axles....simply from the strength standpoint....

I shorten the rear 2 inches on each side on the 71 dart and demon...I bought new axles as I wanted the large bolt pattern....

the only 8 3/4 axles that can be shorten and re splined are from C bodies cars....

Thats what I figured. Thanks

I had Strange build my rear end to specs that we supplied. I'm not sure how they arrived at the correct axle length.

As far as this being an old thread, at least it's good info that never goes out of date. Should be in a tech area or made into a sticky.

I had Strange build my rear end to specs that we supplied. I'm not sure how they arrived at the correct axle length.

As far as this being an old thread, at least it's good info that never goes out of date. Should be in a tech area or made into a sticky.
yeah. people ask this question ALOT on here

-
Back