NASCAR going electric

-

rklein383

Reaction score
As for me, I have zero interest in watching electric race cars unless they are little RC cars. Those are kind of fun.

no smell, no noise, no ear protection, no fans, maybe they'll play engine sounds over the pa system.

Just what I always wanted to see. A Prius at Daytona
barf.jpg

Never was a Nascar fan, I don't knock it but could really care less. But if it happens there, what's next, Drag racing?
My wife watches it religiously. I asked what she saw in rednecks making left turns. Then she insisted they are making right turns and I knew why she watched it.

I got it figgered out. While the left side of the Tesla is jacked up for tires, a special jack is used for the battrey pack under the car to remove it. A portable crane reaches over the pit wall to remove the battrey to the charger. Crane then places charged power pack on the jack to be rolled into place and reconeckted.
thinking-face.png

Just think of the stench when the car short circuits after a wreck and catches fire.
A complete meltdown to be scraped off the track with a super sized spatula .

They already take breaks. They can just make the breaks a good bit longer to charge the cars. Daytona and Charlotte could be all day affairs.

Just wait for motorsport to be changed forever. Formula One foresaw this YEARS ago and to appeal to the modern generation they ditched 1000hp v10s to v8s to hybrid v6 turbo charged engines. Mind you the v10s screamed to 22k rpms.... now we get to hear a juiced up hoover vacuum cleaner.

Never was a Nascar fan, I don't knock it but could really care less. But if it happens there, what's next, Drag racing?
Garlits went after the 200MPH barrier with an electric dragster. Someone else got it, but don't count him out. lol

With limited EV range, I can see it now!
Instead of the Daytona 500, it will be the Tesla 50.

-
Back