Dodge to NASCAR?

-
Wasn’t NASCAR talking about going all electric?

If there was some way any of "this" would translate into helping guys like us, I'd be excited.

It can help us, but it won’t. Those parts all end up being available to the public. Fiat has ended all support for anything not G3 hemi. It’s a damn shame because I’m not I love with that platform.

Wasn’t NASCAR talking about going all electric?
Yes, initially the cars will all have electric motors from Hoover vacuum cleaners. To open things up to the eastern manufacturers there will be a move to also allowing Panasonic vacuum cleaner motors. Samsung is wanting to get in but Nascar is not ready for a Korean engine supplier.

It can help us, but it won’t. Those parts all end up being available to the public. Fiat has ended all support for anything not G3 hemi. It’s a damn shame because I’m not I love with that platform.
I barely even have any like for the Magnum engines. If it's not old Mopar, I just about have no interest.

Don’t get me or this post wrong, I am a racing fan, but with very few exceptions, I am a follower of the lower buck open wheel midget, dirt and sprint car series. As well as the racing that I do, bracket and autocross.
I really believe that the high end stuff like nascar is really just for the multi millionaire owners and sponsors that watch the races from their catered luxury suites, hob job with other rich folks and get special access to drivers, garages, pits. We common folk are only along to be ridden, we don’t ride.
As far as car manufacturers being involved from a product point of view, I agree there is little carry over from the race car to the show room. And winning on Sunday absolutely does not sell on Mondy, so what is in it for them. The same way the rich car owners, sponsors get to hang out at the races, the CEO’s and Chief Financial Officers and the Board of Directors from the car manufacturers also get a seat at the race day party. When Toyota USA has their bosses from Japan over here for business meetings, what are they going to do for weekend entertainment. Take then to the stock car races that’s what. If Chrysler got back into raceing it’s will be for the entertainment value offered to the big wigs at Stellantis or what ever their name is. Just my two cents.

I couldnt have said it any better !

No to all electric, yes to hybrid. Something like KERS in F1. A push to pass button.

The difference is that NASCAR will limit how many times you can push the “pass” button. Then take away button pushes for punishment for any of their silly girl rules. :lol:

I think they will start giving out participation trophy’s too.

The difference is that NASCAR will limit how many times you can push the “pass” button. Then take away button pushes for punishment for any of their silly girl rules. :lol:

I think they will start giving out participation trophy’s too.
F1 and Indy puts a limit on how many times they can use the push to pass. It also only works in a drafting situation. Cannot use it to gain distance over the guy behind.

If Dodge got back into Nascar would there actually be a part on the racecar made by Dodge? A part that you or I could buy from a Dodge dealer...?

If Dodge got back into Nascar would there actually be a part on the racecar made by Dodge? A part that you or I could buy from a Dodge dealer...?

Absolutely not. Unless it is a sticker like the ones on the identical bodies of the identical frames and identical engines.

Who was it that brought up the IROC series? I had forgotten that but other than the generic colors and plain cars NASCAR has sorta headed that way.

There isn't any more "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday"

I wonder if NASCAR is going to stand for National Association for Sports Car Auto Racing? It already owns Imsa and built this next gen with parts associated with sports cars

He just another Nascar *** kisser. Scared to say what he really thinks. So he him ha's around and kind of says it, but not really. Just like the pro stock guys. So the future fans want quiet noiseless racing in egg shaped cars that look identical? Sounds awsome.

May as well just have one manufacturer build the entire car then put idiots in to drive.

I dont know why any manufacturer would have any interest in sponsoring belly buttons driving in circles. How would anyone connect to the manufacturer?

Wait what? Oh I'm so sleepy. I fell asleep there for a minute. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn........
Back to sleep. I'm so sleepy.

I still say Dale Earnhardt is rolling over in his grave. Race 100 laps and take a break, race 100 more laps take another break. Who the heck came up with these race stages. Lol

Sorry, but Earnhardt's type isn't welcome in Nascar anymore. Junior Johnson couldn't even make it in today's Nascar. DW might get by if someone plugged his mouth.

I still say Dale Earnhardt is rolling over in his grave. Race 100 laps and take a break, race 100 more laps take another break. Who the heck came up with these race stages. Lol
And since your post is #43, ol Richard has to be thinking the same thing. Still involved-ish or not.

I'm wondering if Petty is on his way out. He just sold majority interest in his team. Considering all that he's done for Nascar, there isn't much left he can do.

I'm wondering if Petty is on his way out. He just sold majority interest in his team. Considering all that he's done for Nascar, there isn't much left he can do.
And "His" team really wasn't much of his. In name only, pretty much. I'm a fan and give him utmost credit and respect for hanging in there as long as possible.

May as well just have one manufacturer build the entire car then put idiots in to drive.

I dont know why any manufacturer would have any interest in sponsoring belly buttons driving in circles. How would anyone connect to the manufacturer?

My cousins and I went to a lot of races in the 90's, then nascar went to the sewer. Drivers with no character, stupid rules that removed all ingenuity and cookie cutter cars that all look alike. I told my cousins that nascar would like to own all the cars, the driver and crew would show up mid week and draw for a car, put their sponsors wrap on and race for the weekend. Rinse and repeat.

And "His" team really wasn't much of his. In name only, pretty much. I'm a fan and give him utmost credit and respect for hanging in there as long as possible.

I have all the respect in the world for what Richard did but he should've ridden off into the sunset years ago. He turned himself and his name into an advertisement *****. For all intents and purposes Petty Motorsports future died with Adam.

Just my $.02.

Yes, initially the cars will all have electric motors from Hoover vacuum cleaners. To open things up to the eastern manufacturers there will be a move to also allowing Panasonic vacuum cleaner motors. Samsung is wanting to get in but Nascar is not ready for a Korean engine supplier.
No thanks, Give me the real deal!
C03C3998-F08D-4E4E-8B27-F2C7F91FD88A.jpeg

My Dad (snowbird) and my Uncle (Preacher) would work the Daytona 500 once in awhile. Dad would park his motorhome in the infield and they worked as track stewards telling people where to go. Bathrooms, concession stands etc. they go to eat with all the teams and drivers back when men were men. That always sounded like fun.

-
Back