**NASCAR great Buddy Baker passes...**

-
I seen this and was going to post a thread for Buddy Baker 66Val
We have lost yet another great driver and good fellow from the sport

Don't forget what he did for us, RIP Buddy Baker

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdwhM5xB-8Y"][NASCAR] Buddy Baker breaks the 200 mph speed barrier on Talladega - 1970 - YouTube[/ame]

Truly one of the greats - and a true Southern gentleman with tons of class as well.
He will be missed along with his knowledge and insight.

The first driver over 200mph, and in a Dodge Daytona. Thanks for posting that wonderful video, Mike!

Enjoyed his commentary when he was announcing with TNN.

Good guy and good driver. RIP

I really enjoyed when Speed showed this series with the NASCAR legends talking about their experiences. The topic was Tiny Lund, but Buddy and the gang were very entertaining....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6KQR8alWnGA"]Buddy Baker, Cale Yarborough & David Pearson talk about Tiny Lund - YouTube[/ame]

I actually got to shake his hand and chat with him about 85 or 86.....somewhere along there in Atlanta at a Speed Distributors show. He was a really good guy. Talked to us like a regular joe.

Buddy knew one way to drive: flat out.

Attachments

• nascar newsletter buddy baker 200 mph.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 117
I got to meet and shake Buddy Baker's hand at one of the 1985 Pocono races. I was 8, in the Cub Scouts, and they had a Pinewood Derby race in a tent in the pits on Saturday, the day before the big race. Some of the drivers came to watch our race on Saturday. The winner got to announce the "Gentlemen, start your engines!" I won the Derby race, so I got to announce the start. All the kids got to meet the drivers after the driver's meeting. I met Richard Petty, Buddy Baker, Buddy Arrington, Cale Yarborough, and a bunch of other great racers. My dad told me that Buddy Baker was a great Mopar driver who was the first to go 200. Richard, Buddy Baker, and Cale really thought our Derby cars were neat. They talked to us for a few minutes. They were really nice guys, especially Buddy Baker. I'll never forget that.

Thank You Buddy Baker.

Dam! A true class act. R.I.P. Buddy.

-
Back