NE racers. Anyone recognize this car?

-

moparmarks

zippindippintie
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So just got this car in. Story is that it was bought new in NJ and then cut hard on day 3 of ownership and turned into a 9 sec car which it seems to be. She's pretty quick. It has 165 miles on it. Guess it was owned by Tony Stewart at one time and it has been sitting in a guys collection for the last 10 years. I'm thinking about going to the Mile High Nats in Denver next weekend and talking to Tong about it.
Wondering if any of you guys remember it. May have raced at Englishtown. It was originally Curious Yellow but looks to have a 90's paint scheme on it now. Looks like it was last certified in 2001 and it had racing seat in it back then
1688874450174.jpeg

1688874605538.jpeg

1688874845701.jpeg

1688874879612.jpeg

1688874946163.jpeg

So just got this car in. Story is that it was bought new in NJ and then cut hard on day 3 of ownership and turned into a 9 sec car which it seems to be. She's pretty quick. It has 165 miles on it. Guess it was owned by Tony Stewart at one time and it has been sitting in a guys collection for the last 10 years. I'm thinking about going to the Mile High Nats in Denver next weekend and talking to Tong about it.
Wondering if any of you guys remember it. May have raced at Englishtown. It was originally Curious Yellow but looks to have a 90's paint scheme on it now. Looks like it was last certified in 2001 and it had racing seat in it back then
View attachment 1716112236

View attachment 1716112237

View attachment 1716112238

View attachment 1716112239

View attachment 1716112240
I remember the car racing at Englishtown , I believe the guy that owned its name was Ken Kadash . I also think he was associated with Ken Lazzieri who also used to race at Englishtown and has now been working at Indy Cylinder Head for many years , still looks as good as it did back then , Congrats on the purchase !

Last edited:
We talked to an old guy at Indy that said he built a lot of motors for Tony. This has an old school stroker built by Indy. 400 block with an offset ground 440 crank making 470 cubes.

We talked to an old guy at Indy that said he built a lot of motors for Tony. This has an old school stroker built by Indy. 400 block with an offset ground 440 crank making 470 cubes.
Google Ken Kadash there is a video of the car there , I don't know how to post the video here or I would !

I raced at Englishtown right up until it closed and I attended almost all 31 Mopar Atlantic Nats they had only missing one or two due to rain . Saw a lot of nice Mopars during those years

You probably saw my old car there. B3 70 Duster.
Runs 9’s on super stock springs, not minitubbed.
guy I sold it too came there sometimes with it

Had an engine combo like that in a 71 Duster in 2000....best I got on a lousy prepped track was 9.95@134 but the guy that bought it from me got it much faster.

I don't remember the Duster but probably saw it .. if you go on Moparts in the race section under drag race photos there are a lot of pictures from Englishtown

Wow Mark!! Nice ride! Now maybe you can come play at MaTS instead of babysitting old parts for two days!
jay

Wow Mark!! Nice ride! Now maybe you can come play at MaTS instead of babysitting old parts for two days!
jay
Oh that would be so fun Jay but I don't see that happening. It's my friends car that I've been building cars for over the last 20 years. I'm going to be doing a bunch of work on it and I do get to drive it. We plan on taking it to our local track but also am putting it on the street.

-
Back