NEED 10" Rear drums.................

-

SD65WAGON

Justin
Reaction score
After a couple of days of setbacks that I would rather forget............Teardown...put back together....teardown...etc.
I find The valiant wagon has 10" drums with the 1.75" pad set up. I cannot seem to find 10" REAR drums from any auto parts supply places. And I NEED to replace these drums as they are rivet scored too deep to turn . All damage from previous owner I might add. I've only gotten to put about 1k on her since I've owned her.
Anyway If anyone has a set of 10" rear drums out there and is willing to part with them, or knows where I can find some I would appreciate it. Thanks.............AND I still have yet to get the front drums off????

Those grooves that the rivets made dont really hurt anything. If the drums will turn to true you will still have atleast 75% of the linning to drum contact.
That linning wear pattern will hold the drum on which is probably whats holding your front drums on (just guessing). The adjuster spoon is a wonderful thing :)
Good luck

I would turn them if I had the specs to give the drum guy..........first guy said he didnt want to turn them cuz he couldnt figure out what the minimum diamater for the drums would be........The service tech manual says runout should not be more than .060. The drums are stamped 10.090 MAX. What are the actual MAX and MIN Specs for the 10" drum??
Still looking for new replacements if anyone has them or knows where to get them.

10.09 is the max turn diameter. There really is no minimum called out except for production machining which would have been something like 10.00 minus nothing plus .02
Anyone you can find with a lathe could turn them Doesn't have to be a brake lathe spacificly. Lots of the kids loading brake lathes at autoparts store dont know how to mount one properly anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up. I will take that info and run with it. Try to get them turned and replace with new 1.75" pads (Odd size in my opinion)....drum depth was 2.25 why not run the 2" that was available?....Then back to the fronts.....

OF course....It's 7 1/4" but the 5 bolt pattern............Dont sweat it for now. Just turned them as much as I could.........still not enough left to get the rivet grooves out of the drivers rear side but smoother, new wheel cylinder on passenger rear and new shoes....bled the crap out of them much to the wifes dismay........another half hour out of her life she will never get back. Poor her right....sheeeez, life is so hard for them.....Anyway back together hard pedal and feeling better.....still new drums will go on as soon as I can find some...........Next weekend back to the front brakes...
Thanks for all the help from everyone.REALLY appreciate the forum.

I have a couple sets floating around the shop. Let me check the condition and the size. The shoes you want are "331" FMSI number. that's 10x1.75.

If Pauls340 aren,t the right one,s.I have some up in Toronto though.

trim 034.jpg

Thanks...Let me know what you want for the drums and shipping....MIGHT have a replacement set available from one of the guys around here. But, you never know...

Shipping these from Toronto to San Dieago??$$$$I just sent the shoes to Arkansas,cost $20 Can.Drums are 4X heavier.It wouldn,t be cheap??

I have some rears in my garage...they had some rust scale starting on them as they haven't been on a car in 5 years...I'll try to measure/take a picture of them for you, but one is a heavy duty cooling (large finned drum) and one is a normal drum. I'll take some photos.

Try Partsamerica.com they have 9" & 10" drums for A-bodies listed.
toolmanmike

If you need 10" X 1 3/4" rear drums they can be found at RockAuto.com. Wagner #BD60123 is the part number I ordered. $53.79 each is the current price.

-
Back