Status
Not open for further replies.

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Contact seller
i need a drive shaft for my duster. i just put 340-4 speed in, and in the process of installing the 8.75 tonight. right now with the 7.25, it measures 53 3/4 inches. i know i need to subtract one inch for the difference in length of rears, so that brings me to a 52.3/4, but i know it is not supposed to be in the trans all the way to the snout, so i figure i need about a 50 3/4 to 52 inch driveshaft.
my sure grip is a small yoke

needed asap. please help out

Not sure i,m following you. Is this measurement center to center of the u joints? if so i think i have that tube in the 7260 joint without the trans yoke.

well, i cannot measure from u joint to u joint, because i need a driveshaft to slide into the trans!

48.75-48.99 IIRC The FSM calls for a 48.96, so that range will work

someone just had one for sale in the range a week or two ago

well, my rear has the small yoke, and now i am told that i need to find a driveshaft that has the front yoke that goes into the trans, needs to be a small yoke also. and if not, i would have to have one made to fit a large yoke up front, and a small yoke in the rear......................

7.25 to 8 3/4 is more like 2.125 inches and you can get a conversion joint 7260 to larger 72xx yoke, on either end. Spicer 1350 is a big *** yoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back