-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Road/Rage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need an a904 with a non lock converter that is floor shift linkage and not cable! Preferably with the floor shifter and all linkages!

If this is for the '65 that you referred to in your other post, be aware that you'll need a driveshaft and speedo drive from a '66 (to replace your '65 ball & trunnion shaft and 1 piece speedo cable).
Also know that the late ('68 and later) torque convertors will not fit '67 and earlier crankshaft flanges.
!!

If this is for the '65 that you referred to in your other post, be aware that you'll need a driveshaft and speedo drive from a '66 (to replace your '65 ball & trunnion shaft and 1 piece speedo cable).
Also know that the late ('68 and later) torque convertors will not fit '67 and earlier crankshaft flanges.
!!
I already have a slip yoke drive shaft and a lokar kick down cable installed. The end of the tail shaft I have now is a flat round flange the tail shaft just bolts flat onto the drive shaft and the slip yoke part slide on the rear end.

Ok, so just so we're CLEAR as a bell, the one you need has the two bolt hole flange on the bottom of the tail shaft, is that correct?
No its 4 bolt, flat round flange that looks like its a cast part of the tail shaft. The drive shaft end just sets flat against it and you run in 4 small bolts. Which i think is odd because all others i have seen were slip yoke on the tail shaft end!

No its 4 bolt, flat round flange that looks like its a cast part of the tail shaft. The drive shaft end just sets flat against it and you run in 4 small bolts. Which i think is odd because all others i have seen were slip yoke on the tail shaft end!
Oh, are we talking about a cable shift transmission?

yes. The worst thing Chrysler ever made!
OK. I'm sorry. I don't have one of those. But so other members KNOW what you need, it's the transmission in this thread.
[FOR SALE] - 904 Floor Shift from a 65 Slant Six with Floor shift cables
Also to let YOU know, it does not have to be from a floor shift car, I don't believe. The difference is just the cables, if I am not mistaken, so the column shift transmission WILL work. Now, one more point, and I'm sorry for all the dialog on a wanted thread, BUT, for the 1965 model year, some did not have the 4 bolt flange. They had a slip yoke WITH the cable shifted deal. Was the only year they did that. I tell you, if I were you, I'd update to the later slip yoke transmission and adapt or change whatever I had to, to get it done. If you do THAT, I have a few to choose from. I'll GIVE you one and we're really not "too far" apart. Just let me know. That will give you a MUCH better transmission.

No I dont need that I want to get away from that and go to a floor shifter and a904 that is hard linkage and works with floor shifter. UGH this is to complicated I think Ill just stay with the cable crap!

OK. I'm sorry. I don't have one of those. But so other members KNOW what you need, it's the transmission in this thread.
[FOR SALE] - 904 Floor Shift from a 65 Slant Six with Floor shift cables
Also to let YOU know, it does not have to be from a floor shift car, I don't believe. The difference is just the cables, if I am not mistaken, so the column shift transmission WILL work. Now, one more point, and I'm sorry for all the dialog on a wanted thread, BUT, for the 1965 model year, some did not have the 4 bolt flange. They had a slip yoke WITH the cable shifted deal. Was the only year they did that. I tell you, if I were you, I'd update to the later slip yoke transmission and adapt or change whatever I had to, to get it done. If you do THAT, I have a few to choose from. I'll GIVE you one and we're really not "too far" apart. Just let me know. That will give you a MUCH better transmission.
rrr, it sure is nice to see earned wisdom being passed down, i don't always see eye to eye on some things with you but i value your knowledge you have shared and helped me with!don't let it go your head though!lol

rrr, it sure is nice to see earned wisdom being passed down, i don't always see eye to eye on some things with you but i value your knowledge you have shared and helped me with!don't let it go your head though!lol
Man I appreciate that. If we all agreed on everything, what a boring world it would be! How many times have you seen me say everybody does things differently?

Man I appreciate that. If we all agreed on everything, what a boring world it would be! How many times have you seen me say everybody does things differently?
Rusty did you ever find me an a904?

Rusty did you ever find me an a904?
Here are the numbers off what I have. I think the 71 will be the one you would want. It has the part throttle kickdown like we talked about. Sorry I forgot about it. My forgetter works over time these days.

2801533Y 2712881 Has converter. Earlier than 1969.

3515804A3400 6200 No converter. 1971 transmission.

PK2892076A 2756 061 Has converter. 1969 transmission.

Here are the numbers off what I have. I think the 71 will be the one you would want. It has the part throttle kickdown like we talked about. Sorry I forgot about it. My forgetter works over time these days.

2801533Y 2712881 Has converter. Earlier than 1969.

3515804A3400 6200 No converter. 1971 transmission.

PK2892076A 2756 061 Has converter. 1969 transmission.
Im the dumbs one here bro you tell me what I need. I want a floor shift a 904 with all the linkage. I want it to bolt in. I need a torque convert that will work with a 254 459 cam and about 300 horse.

Im the dumbs one here bro you tell me what I need. I want a floor shift a 904 with all the linkage. I want it to bolt in. I need a torque convert that will work with a 254 459 cam and about 300 horse.
You're going to have to take care of the converter. Both of mine are stock. I think a stock high stall (about 2500) would be perfect. I wouldn't trust either of these, anyway. You'll definitely want the 71 with the part throttle kickdown. As far as the "floor shift" thing goes, there's no difference especially since you'll be using an aftermarket shifter.

You're going to have to take care of the converter. Both of mine are stock. I think a stock high stall (about 2500) would be perfect. I wouldn't trust either of these, anyway. You'll definitely want the 71 with the part throttle kickdown. As far as the "floor shift" thing goes, there's no difference especially since you'll be using an aftermarket shifter.
Ok tell me what I owe you and ill pay for shipping. Let me know where to get the torque converter and ill order it!

Ok tell me what I owe you and ill pay for shipping. Let me know where to get the torque converter and ill order it!
https://gopnh.com/
Call them and tell them what you got. What car, gear, engine, the whole bit. Remember when we talked, you're gonna need an early converter front for your early slant 6 and a later back to match the transmission. At least I think that's what we said. Chit man. I ain't ever shipped an automatic. There's ONE state between us. Just come get the thing. It's free! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back