Need a good laugh??

-
Been there, done that. Have had to clean up my share of messes just like that. Usually not in the firewall though, Florida cars were usually packed in the lower quarters where the rain gathered if the drain plugs were clogged woth debris. The Satellite I am curently working on had over 1/2" of mud in the rocker panel for no apparent reason!

That is sickning. I cant stand to get on a car that has been rigged, If you dont know what you are doing dont rig it.

Hey just look at it this way your half way ready for the fenderwell headers.

I had seriously thought about it!

& RPM, I think it turned out nice. It was my first time painting plastic so I was skeptical, but it looks good for a home-job.

I feel your pain. The 73 that I'm working on had a roof that was covered on the inside by a nice headliner and on the outside with spray on truck bed liner. In between? Spray foam insulation held in place by the understructure of the roof. Surprisingly, it didn't leak. The fix? Re-skin the roof.

Had a friend that bought a 69 dart ragtop.The 1/4,s were glassed on at the top and siliconed on the bottom.You could actually pull the panel out about a foot.He had them replaced and sold it to a guy out West for 17k.he flew in and drove it back.

LoL! I was thinking of the NOS system called sneaky pete! What a coincidence!

Its even worse than I thought it was. With the drivers side fender off, you can see the brunt of the east coast winters:angry7:.... Looks like a good time!
bondo1001.jpg

bondo1002.jpg

On a positive note, I did try my hand at some of that interior plastic paint with great results. Prep was the hardest part. Passengers side kick panel.
bondo1003.jpg
What interior plastic paint are you using? The kick panel looks great, and mine could certainly use the upgrade in appearance.

Its just the Krylon stuff. I think its called "fusion" or something like that. Got it a wal mart & it worked good. The prep part was the hard part because it had been painted before, so I had to strip it all off with mineral spirits.

-
Back