Need a HP273 dual point distributor for Pertronix R&D

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Pertronix doesn't make a electronic conversion kit for a HP 273 dual point. If I can come up with a distributor to send them, their Research and Development will work on making one for us. I bought a kit #1584 that looks like it would work
if I would grind off the rivets and flip the mounting plate over. If I modify it myself and it doesn't work I'm out $90. If I send a distributor to them I will only be out the freight. Anybody have one laying around? It doesn't have to be pretty. toolmanmike

Pertronix doesn't make a electronic conversion kit for a HP 273 dual point. If I can come up with a distributor to send them, their Research and Development will work on making one for us. I bought a kit #1584 that looks like it would work
if I would grind off the rivets and flip the mounting plate over. If I modify it myself and it doesn't work I'm out $90. If I send a distributor to them I will only be out the freight. Anybody have one laying around? It doesn't have to be pretty. toolmanmike

Toolmanmike! 66340SEDAN has one for saleand it's cheap too!

I PM'd 66340sedan. I think it's sold. Dang!

Why not poke a standard single point dist' in your engine for a time and send them your prestolite ?
I have a 67 dual point on the shelf and a tune up parts package for it as well. If I wanted the petronics unit I would play along but...
Anyway I do have a good 68 318 single point dist' you can borrow.
Good luck either way

Why not poke a standard single point dist' in your engine for a time and send them your prestolite ?
I have a 67 dual point on the shelf and a tune up parts package for it as well. If I wanted the petronics unit I would play along but...
Anyway I do have a good 68 318 single point dist' you can borrow.
Good luck either way

I thought about that. I don't want to take the chance of my original getting lost. That would be my luck. They have IgnitorIII kits for the single point dist's that have built in multispark and rev limiter. They are $115.

Mike I have one you can have, I looked at a couple here the Dual pt is what you want. I think the single point (#3438233) is for a BBlock. you might want to check.

Attachments

• distys 001.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 143
  • distys 002.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 163
Mike I have one you can have, I looked at a couple here the Dual pt is what you want. I think the single point (#3438233) is for a BBlock. you might want to check.
Bingo Vart! The dual point looks correct. Is there a tag with a number by chance? I will study the photos and let you know. Thanks, Mike

Bingo Vart! The dual point looks correct. Is there a tag with a number by chance? I will study the photos and let you know. Thanks, Mike
I'll check but I don't think there is a tag on it, It was on my 273 before I bought the Mopar electronic kit. You are welcome to it gratis, mail me another calander =P~ . I will find out what the shipping is. PM you later.

Your lucky day, I just got my 2011 calenders in. Yep, let me know how much for shipping. I sure do appreciate it. Mike

Mike good news its a correct 2642242 66-67 Dart GT Dual point. PM me your address. Manufacturer Part Number: 2642242

-
Back