Need a socket or wrench for a 8-3/4 plug

-
Find a square headed pipe plug where the head closely matches the square recess in the plug and use a pipe wrench or vise grips to turn it out.

They are called "pipe plug sockets".
Here is a cheap version that will do the job perfectly.
If you order now on Amazon, you will probably get it on Tuesday of next week.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006L23M38/?tag=fabo03-20

41cjXmzda3L._AC_.jpg

I'm thinking more like Tuesday in the month of April.
Not if you're a Prime member. I have been getting packages on time from Amazon for the last few weeks. Not one package late or delayed. Now the USPS, that's another story.

The plug has a female 5/8" square in it. I found an old old Mac adapter type extension on eBay. It is 1/2 female to 5/8 square male. That is what I needed. I also found an old old ollllld school plug wrench. It is antique. I am going to give the antique wrench to the friend who is going to change the fluid for me. I don't have a cement floor to work from. In a rural area. But thank's for all your replies. They are called "drain plug wrenches" I don't know if they still make Standard anymore, but they have quite a few new mm wrenches on ebay.

The plug has a female 5/8" square in it. I found an old old Mac adapter type extension on eBay. It is 1/2 female to 5/8 square male. That is what I needed. I also found an old old ollllld school plug wrench. It is antique. I am going to give the antique wrench to the friend who is going to change the fluid for me. I don't have a cement floor to work from. In a rural area. But thank's for all your replies. They are called "drain plug wrenches" I don't know if they still make Standard anymore, but they have quite a few new mm wrenches on ebay.
The real name for the socket is Pipe Plug Socket. See my post above. Used a lot in heavy equipment repair. I have an old snap-on set in one of my tool boxes.

Target has been raised to 50. Why give up now? We are going to set a new record for a simple task. :)

Ok this topic has run it's course. Let's end this topic and move on to are E3 Spark plugs any good?

-
Back