Status
Not open for further replies.

412 Stroker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all:
Since I put my new engine in my duster in June, I have had a few issues, one being it was overheating, I posted for ideas and tried a few, and now I have the opposite issue, now my car wont warm up, it takes bumper to bumper driving for approx 30 minutes to get it up to 180-190, I had an electric fan and no shroud, bought a shroud and a different fan, well that didn't fit not enough room, sooooo I went and put in a 2" spacer and went back to my old Flex fan, no electrics, (by the way someone from here told me to try that) so now It wont heat up fast enough for me, so my idea is the Viscous fan. Mancini has them new for 119.00 Summit has them for 115.00 I would be happy with a good used one if any of you have one, thanks...

Are you looking for a factory fan and fan clutch?

well you know I am having the same problem you first had. I put a new magnum 360/380HP crate motor in my car back in april. Put new alum radiator and new 180 perf thermostat. I have no shroud. New viscious fan and clutch and the car was running hotter then I think it should with everything being new. Tried bigger radiator and a 160 t/stat still ran hot. Tried no t/stat still ran hot. Thought about going to a 19" flex fan but really did not want to spend the 50.00 for a fan and it not work. So I will try changing my lower hose to a flex style with a spring to rule out the hose is sucking shut and causing the water to stop flowing. All you did was go to the flex fan and now you cant get it warmed up. I also have a trans cooler infront of my radiator but it not blocking the whole radiator only a part of it.

Hi all:
Since I put my new engine in my duster in June, I have had a few issues, one being it was overheating, I posted for ideas and tried a few, and now I have the opposite issue, now my car wont warm up, it takes bumper to bumper driving for approx 30 minutes to get it up to 180-190, I had an electric fan and no shroud, bought a shroud and a different fan, well that didn't fit not enough room, sooooo I went and put in a 2" spacer and went back to my old Flex fan, no electrics, (by the way someone from here told me to try that) so now It wont heat up fast enough for me, so my idea is the Viscous fan. Mancini has them new for 119.00 Summit has them for 115.00 I would be happy with a good used one if any of you have one, thanks...
Did you find your fan as I have one.

well you know I am having the same problem you first had. I put a new magnum 360/380HP crate motor in my car back in april. Put new alum radiator and new 180 perf thermostat. I have no shroud. New viscious fan and clutch and the car was running hotter then I think it should with everything being new. Tried bigger radiator and a 160 t/stat still ran hot. Tried no t/stat still ran hot. Thought about going to a 19" flex fan but really did not want to spend the 50.00 for a fan and it not work. So I will try changing my lower hose to a flex style with a spring to rule out the hose is sucking shut and causing the water to stop flowing. All you did was go to the flex fan and now you cant get it warmed up. I also have a trans cooler infront of my radiator but it not blocking the whole radiator only a part of it.
Well I did put in a Mr. Gasket high flow 180 degree thermostat, and I also have a huge tranny cooler in front, I am thinking now that I might have had something plugging the flow maybe gasket maker?? Local machine shop built the engine for me I just installed it. I also have a Flow Cooler water pump, and they recomend the high flow thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back