Need Advice! Trunk Won't Open!

-

68Darthawaii

Reaction score
Hey guys. My 1970 Dart Swinger's trunk suddenly won't open. Stick the key in and turn to the right and just a slight clicking sound. Nothing! Had this car for 2 weeks and it was fine till today. Any idea why or suggestions?

Thanks!

Remove the rear seat and you should be able to get to the lock pin that runs from the cylinder and turn it and pop it open. then you can troubleshoot the problem.

And if you can't fit thru the rear seat cross bracing, find an 8 yr. old kid and wave a $5 bill.

I'm lucky, I have a fold-down rear seat.

Push down on lid, turn key until it clicks, and then release?

Yeah, turn the key and give the lid a whack. Pretend you're the Fonz, and when it pops open, hold your thumbs up and say "aaaaayyyyyyyyy".

If that doesn't work, call you car a nerd and climb through the back seat opening, like others have said.

i bent a 90* bend on the end of a 4ft. piece of shelf bracket. The kind with the rectangular lots for the arms the shelf sits on. I pulled the back seat and slip this thru the trunk and the latch pin fits the slot and i twist and turn the latch. I dont have any small children and i,m too fat to crawl in. Neccesity is the mother of invention.

Got it open!!! I just went up and down on the lid! It finally popped!! I think it was just sticky!! Thanks for the help guys!

-
Back