Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mc

No Car Like A MoPar!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My Freddie Flintstone mobile (see signature) needs floors. I don't want to purchase new partial pans; front both sides and rear both sides to try to weld onto rusty toe kicks and rear seat risers. I'm looking for a full floor unit or donor car that's not totally incrusted w/rust. A donor car would be preferable as I'm sure there will be other metal panels I'll need once I get started, but I don't want to start until I know I have the floor I need.

Thanks

I needed the same thing for the 70 dart, got mine off of ebay from a car in florida and the guy disassembled it by drilling all the spotwelds and the inner rocker panels were attached so it saved me alot of work, not to bad a price for the care and work it took to get the floor out in this shape. Good luck in the hunt! Good mark has complete floors for some cars not sure which ones they have available so far!

hey joe ive got a pretty decent 73 shell out here (tulsa,ok) yes it does have a nice floor(full) .if your interested please reply back.id be happy to send pics for you.if you decide your interested id be happy to remove it & work with you on shipping. thanx john(oldcarnut)

See they are out there, you just have to find the, good luck. here is a pic of my floor from the fire wall to the back of the rear floor pan.

Picture 054.jpg

oldcarnut - Tulsa, OK can't imagine what the shipping would be $$$. Maybe we could work something out, I'd be willing to drive down and drill out all the factory spot welds to save you the effort (and possibly a bit of $$ for me) and bring back in the bed of the truck? Let me know what you want for the floor, or if the car is tow-able (if not I could rent or borrow a trailer) and you'd like to get rid of the whole car let me know what you want for it. Send me some pictures of the car and some close ups of the floors. PM me on price and we'll see if we can figure something out.

70dart - that's exactly what I'm looking for, but on mine the rear seat riser (what's not shown on your picture) is also rotted so I'm hopeful to find a good donor car. You really hooked up with a good guy to do all that work to get the whole floor out so nicely for you - great find. As for Goodmark, YearOne and Paddock Panels and the like, I've looked at them all - new would be ideal but they only offer partial pans, with the rear seat risers and toe boards gone on mine a donor seems the best route. You know the deal, "we're not trying to restore the more popular MoPar cars, Dusters just aren't as popular as the Cuda` & Challengers are, except to guys like us".

Keep it commin guys, thanks.

I here you there, to buy a new complete floor would be nice but they don't make them yet. I need the riser area for the back seat too as mine is rusted out close to the bottom so a little fabricating will be in order. That is how he had it on ebay so i jumped on it and the inner rockers were a bonus!! After you spend on all the floor pans there is still alot of floor left to replace so a full floor is the way to go.

joe i sent a pm with info let me know if you got it notnu to cars but definetly computers.john

Joe: I have what your looking for. It's still in a 71 scamp. Most welds are drilled but some work still remains. It is in very good shape as is the trunk pan. A tree fell on this car long before it died so they are very good. I'm in West Plains, Mo so there will be a shipping issue that you may want to avoid considering distance. Let me know what it may be worth.

thats decent? dang dude, looks like scrap to me!:bootysha: :-D
Greyhound should be inexpensive for shipping, check the online calculator. I've sent floor pans wrapped in cardboard from Phoenix, AZ to central Ohio for around $70.:cheers:

thats decent? dang dude, looks like scrap to me!:bootysha: :-D
Greyhound should be inexpensive for shipping, check the online calculator. I've sent floor pans wrapped in cardboard from Phoenix, AZ to central Ohio for around $70.:cheers:

You aren't the one who need the parts, so why be a jackass?

He already had floors with holes in them, you offer up those as replacements and I'm the jackass? Whatever...

He already had floors with holes in them, you offer up those as replacements and I'm the jackass? Whatever...

Did you read what he posted?? " I don't want to purchase new partial pans; front both sides and rear both sides to try to weld onto rusty toe kicks and rear seat risers. I'm looking for a full floor unit or donor car that's not totally incrusted w/rust."

Sounds like he MIGHT want something that needs some repair & is better than what he has. Since I was close I posted the PICS thinking maybe they would help!

What are you looking to pay for a full floor; roughly - just curious? I have a full floor from a 71 Dart Swinger 2 door in pristine condition from rocker to rocker - includes them; from firewall to the rear just in front of the rear seat. Its complete...and I mean complete. And not a SPECK of rust. The car didn't have any rust anywhere for that matter and only had about 50,000 original miles and was undercoated from the factory. I am about a 50 minute drive from Levittown in southern NJ. I am not sure I want to let this go since my 73 Swinger needs a front pan...but I haven't got around to using the full floor yet.

Just let me know what you're looking to spend. I won't have time to take pictures, sorry. You wouldn't be disappointed...its the nicest one you'll ever find. Thats the only reason why I took my time cutting it all out.

See they are out there, you just have to find the, good luck. here is a pic of my floor from the fire wall to the back of the rear floor pan.

How was that floor shipped to you, and if you remember, what did it cost?
I am parting out a '73 Duster, and I have gotten several inquiries about large items, such as the hood, etc. I have not figured out how to ship those type items.

According to Greyhound's website, their limits on package size was too small for shipping a hood. And the local trucking companies I talked to want everything palletized, and upright. How do you do that with a hood???

Any help??
Jerry

I don't know why I bother wasting time! :angry7:

???? Doing what ??? Did I miss something here???

Apparently so, MoParGod is dead on, I don't want to weld on new to existing rust. And at this point my options are open (have a few in the pan so to speak) which includes fabricating my own floor, but I wish to drive this thing on the street as well as the track at some point so I'd prefer to get a full unit from a non-encrusted donor.

What are you looking to pay for a full floor; roughly - just curious? I have a full floor from a 71 Dart Swinger 2 door in pristine condition from rocker to rocker - includes them; from firewall to the rear just in front of the rear seat. Its complete...and I mean complete. And not a SPECK of rust. The car didn't have any rust anywhere for that matter and only had about 50,000 original miles and was undercoated from the factory. I am about a 50 minute drive from Levittown in southern NJ. I am not sure I want to let this go since my 73 Swinger needs a front pan...but I haven't got around to using the full floor yet.

Just let me know what you're looking to spend. I won't have time to take pictures, sorry. You wouldn't be disappointed...its the nicest one you'll ever find. Thats the only reason why I took my time cutting it all out.

Frankie, your floor sounds very enticing. However, having been around the block a few times I've made a habit to not get involved in the "sight unseen" deals. I'd prefer to at least get a few snap-shots via an email, before I would even think of mentioning $$$. A picture or two would entice me to come down and see for myself, possible work a deal and then either take with me or come back to pick up.

No disrespect intended, I'm sure you understand why I'd like to see a picture or two, with diesel fuel just under $4.00 a gallon I'd like to get an idea of things before committing to the ride.

I understand if you are crazy busy, and appreciate the fact that you are even mentioning your floor in the condition they sound to be in and the fact that you need a front pan. I would really like to see them though. PM me if you want my email to send a few snaps - If you're too busy I understand and will continue the quest. Thank you,

If I get some time maybe I'll snap some pictures. Just a fyi, unlike many, I describe everything accurately. I have sold a ton of stuff over the years and everyone who leaves my place is more than happy. I understand though.
To be honest, like I said, I cut this out for myself to use - trust me, it took me several hours to cut this out. I wouldn't have wasted one minute cutting out an entire floor that was rusty or had weak spots. Did I mention the car was garage-kept with like 50,000 original miles and was factory undercoated? That in itself is a mouthful...lemme see what I can do for pictures sometime soon...

If I get some time maybe I'll snap some pictures. Just a fyi, unlike many, I describe everything accurately. I have sold a ton of stuff over the years and everyone who leaves my place is more than happy. I understand though.
To be honest, like I said, I cut this out for myself to use - trust me, it took me several hours to cut this out. I wouldn't have wasted one minute cutting out an entire floor that was rusty or had weak spots. Did I mention the car was garage-kept with like 50,000 original miles and was factory undercoated? That in itself is a mouthful...lemme see what I can do for pictures sometime soon...

Thanks Frankie, I sent a PM with email address to send pictures to.

Look forward to hopefully seeing pictures of my new floor.

Hi Joe Mc I paid $305.00 for the floor section in the picture. A while back I paid $200.00 for a complete rear frame assembly. For the floor pan I was bidding against somebody. The person may not be looking to get rich off it like some people off ebay. As you know some parts cars pretty cheap!

Hi Joe Mc I paid $305.00 for the floor section in the picture. A while back I paid $200.00 for a complete rear frame assembly. For the floor pan I was bidding against somebody. The person may not be looking to get rich off it like some people off ebay. As you know some parts cars pretty cheap!

70dart, please go back to my previous post and address the shipping aspect of your purchase of the floor pan.

I have large items I could sell to some of our members here, but I haven't worked out the issue of shipping.

Thanks,
Jerry

74 sport, sorry I missed your inquiry, I received both my hood and trunklid by Greyhound. But I received my floor, and a package with the rear frame assembly and rear valance through Watkins. The cost to ship the floor to the east coast of Canada from Florida was $257.00. To get the rear frame assembly and rear valance pakage shipped from Kansas it was $280.00. One other company (DHL) I checked wanted almost $800.00 to ship the same package. I made the shipping arrangments through a site called Freightnshipping.com. Feed them the info and they deal with many trucking companies for your best rate. And the customer service has been great!
http://www.freightnshipping.com/ ....hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back