Need good electric pump

-

Boxer

Reaction score
I have had blue holley, and a edelbrock, both were noisy. I have a 20 gallon cell with 8an fittings. I was thinking of using braided 1/2 inch line, but see the largest I can use is 7/16 I. D. Anyway wondering what pump to go with I will be using a demon 1000 something carb, 150 - 250 shot and will be running a return setup. Does anyone make a pump that will satisfy the need and not so loud?

I run an aeroquip that albeit a little noisy, not nearly as bad as the Holley. Oh yeah, have you thought about running 1/2" aluminum solid line?

I use a Carter, not as noisy as the Holley but mine is one of the street pumps that pumps 70gph (not really a race pump either).

I use AN fittings and SS braided hose from fuel cell to filter, pump to 1/2" AL tubing and from 1/2" AL tubing to engine. By using Aluminum tubing I saved a bit on braided hose (which I probably paid out in AN fittings) and a bit of weight. The tubing is more rigid so it requires less support along the routing path.

Mounted pump to car with rubber isolated mount that came with it.

Bob

Anything but a BG. I went from that, to a Mallory 250 unit, with the by-pass. Noisy, but delivers the goods.........

Double trouble. You're gonna need 2 complete fuel delivery systems. Hope you have two outlets on your cell. Holley has a gerotor pump that is supposed to be quiet and deliver a lot of fuel, but they recommend not to run it continuously. The blue pumps, while noisy, seem to last forever and have been around forever. If you can find something with a return type regulator it should be ok, but you're gonna pay a lot more for it. FYI when Bob Glidden ran his pro stock Arrow to the NHRA championship (78?) he ran it on one blue pump.

-
Back