Need help identifying the year of this master cylinder/brake booster

-

rms492

Reaction score
Hello, I have a '70 Dart (6-cyl.) that originally had non-power manual DRUM brakes in front.

I converted to power disc brakes, but the brakes came from a 1971 model.

However, I don't remember where I got the master cylinder/power brake booster, what year do you think mine came from (see pic)? I know it was NOT from that same 1971 in which I got the disc brakes from.

Need help because I want to replace the master cylinder, and if possible the booster as well, but I don't know what year to ask for when I am at the parts counter.

Thanks

Attachments

• CIMG5308.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 144
It's a disc brake master cylinder and looks like from a 73-76. Same with the booster.

So this okay, I can have a 73- master cylinder and booster, working with a 71 front discs? I've had it over ten years, never any problems, so I assume its okay, right? I don't want any kind of brake failure.

Should be just fine with 71 discs. I'm using a 67-72 booster (smaller in diameter but longer than the later boosters) with a 73-76 disc master cylinder in both my 65 Darts. Ran the same combo in a 440 Dart I used to have - worked great.

Close. It's actually a '73-'75 A-body unit. The '76 boosters are different.

Make sure to get a new master cylinder from a reputable brand (Bendix or Raybestos); "remanufactured" ones are garbage. As for the booster, the only ones available through parts store are (again) "remanufactured" junk. Use Booster Dewey instead.

-
Back