Need help on correct linkage.. who makes it

-
This is the correct factory AFB carb post for the kickdown and throttle cable connection. It probably won't mount exactly in the same spot as your aftermarket carb (maybe they made a conversion kit that did), but, you should be able to get it close and modify the rod length to compensate.

View attachment 1715972398
so if you look at my pics. the original kickdown (a rod) and throttle cable with the clip works i just need a way to connect them. and if you look the kickdown a a ball clip like this one to connect rod to

so in your picture of the blue manifold, the throttle is connected where the kickdown should be and the throttle goes on the opposite side of that same stud (little side with a hole for a pin to hold the throttle). Look at picture in post #26. right now (1st picture in post #42) since the kickdown and the throttle are on opposite sides of the shaft through the carb you are pulling the kickdown forward when you want to push it back toward the firewall.
so you are telling me the blue manifold picture from another post that has it setup is wrong where the throttle is connected?

i think i might get it according to this original setup (which this is the existing cables in car) i see kickdown with pin outer side, throttle pin on inside

img293.jpg

so you are telling me the blue manifold picture from another post that has it setup is wrong where the throttle is connected?

yes.
I've got some more information for you. I went to a show last weekend and looked at all the kickdown linkages that I could, and then posted an inquiry on FABO. All the linkages from the mid 60s (not sure exact year) and later have the piece with the slot where it all connects to the carb stud, which looks like the one in the "blue manifold" picture or the set up that I posted in #24 & 26 . All the ones from the early 60s back have a ball stud and a fixed connection like you have for your set up (see post #49 for the carb stud that uses that fixed set up). When I inquired, I found out that the switch was made for safety reasons. With the non-slotted set up, if the kickdown mechanism gets stuck (either in the transmission or in the linkage) it holds the throttle open! I bet there are some horrific stories there! The slot lets the throttle close, even if the kickdown is stuck.

Here is my advise (for what that is worth) - your car isn't stock anyway, and you have identified the right chrysler car adapter (post 46) bottom of post #42. If I were you I would use the later kick down assembly with the slot and be safer. It seems that those parts are easier to find than the older stuff to boot.

yes.
I've got some more information for you. I went to a show last weekend and looked at all the kickdown linkages that I could, and then posted an inquiry on FABO. All the linkages from the mid 60s (not sure exact year) and later have the piece with the slot where it all connects to the carb stud, which looks like the one in the "blue manifold" picture or the set up that I posted in #24 & 26 . All the ones from the early 60s back have a ball stud and a fixed connection like you have for your set up (see post #49 for the carb stud that uses that fixed set up). When I inquired, I found out that the switch was made for safety reasons. With the non-slotted set up, if the kickdown mechanism gets stuck (either in the transmission or in the linkage) it holds the throttle open! I bet there are some horrific stories there! The slot lets the throttle close, even if the kickdown is stuck.

Here is my advise (for what that is worth) - your car isn't stock anyway, and you have identified the right chrysler car adapter (post 46) bottom of post #42. If I were you I would use the later kick down assembly with the slot and be safer. It seems that those parts are easier to find than the older stuff to boot.
excellent now its just locating the right stuff. thanks. i was wondering why that had the rod and everone else had the slot

That does not apply to the Street Demon, TQ derivative. All he needs is the stud and the kickdown linkage.
so on the steet demon all i need is the stud and the rod with the slot in it?

will this setup work

No. It would be probably best to just buy the Bouchillon cable set up and be done. It will fit anywhere and work right. You don't want to burn up your transmission, and a correctly working kickdown is sweet.

so now i am really confused. i got the carb stud but if you look at the pic there is no was that stud will fit where they show it. are you suppose to cut it? or i am going to need an additional bracket?

bracket.jpg

-
Back