Need Help! Passenger Tire Moves and Rubs Fender. '68 Dart GT

-
Moving the tire up or down (body down or up) will change the clearances. Also, we've already determined that the shop has no idea what they're doing, so anything is possible.
The guys atvthe HOT ROD SHOP I don't think they had a clue what they were doing. Their motto should be, we will try anything for a dollar. Unfortunately I did not know that until it was too late. Live and learn. i will not go back even for an oil change. The guys at Goodyear I don't think they knew how to work on Mopars, again more wasted money. So here I am over $3,000 later thinking what the heck? I spent all that money and still can't drive this car. It's ridiculous.

Aligning one of these cars is dirt simple. Get the ride height correct (I don't like the factory method so I use LCA-to-frame clearance - about an inch between the LCA bumper and frame - then make sure both are the same by measuring to the metal part of the LCA, same place on both sides). Then put the front cam all the way out and rear cam all the way in. Move the rear cam out until you have about 1/2 degree negative camber. That is the most positive caster you can get out of the parts installed on your car.

I once had a shop tell me that they were going to have to charge me double because their guy would be learning on my car...I haven't been back...

-
Back