Need help with wiring harness

-

Sinner

Reaction score
Need help identifying some parts from the engine bay wiring harness. We are just completely lost and really none of it makes sense. The wiring is just chopped to pieces. I believe the first picture is what was left of the starter solenoid?

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

Talk to azmopar and see if he has a good 67 engine harness laying around. I wouldn't mess with what you have. The engine harness can come from any 67 dart,cuda or valiant only. They moved the horn switch inside the car in 68. The first pic isn't any factory mopar part and I have parted out many 67's. The harness you have is pretty messed up and I would rather swap in another good harness than play the guessing game with one like yours. If he can't help you look in the parts cars or interior section for a better harness

i had a ton of issues with a evans harness. there were a few threads on other boards where guys had the same issues as i did (bad crimps) i'd stay away from evans. go with the M&H harness that yearone sells. think classic industries sells them too.. much nicer product then evans.

There's a very recent thread about M&H harness ( engine harness for a 67 B'cuda in fact ) being screwed up too. Good luck with anything aftermarket.

Mine had a fire and it has a 440 swap so I just got the connectors and color coded wire and made a new one. Sounds hard but not really, prob around 100 with the right crimpers.

I actually may have the entire underhood harness off a 69 273. If it's what I think it is, I've checked all the connectors for continuity so everything works, it just looks old. I believe it's been modified for electronic ignition but still has the mechanical voltage regulator. I'll do some digging to see what I have, PM me if you're interested.

69 is different. He needs a 67 harness for everything he has to hook up right

What specifically are the differences between the 67 and the 69? I thought they were all the same, with the exception of the differences between SB and BB/Slant 6.

67 has the horn switch under the hood. They moved it inside in 68. "I think" that is the only difference in the engine bay. They did change plug size on the dash harness that ties into the rear light harness. I found this out the hard way back in the day when I tossed my old harness on my 67

67 has the horn switch under the hood. They moved it inside in 68. "I think" that is the only difference in the engine bay. They did change plug size on the dash harness that ties into the rear light harness. I found this out the hard way back in the day when I tossed my old harness on my 67
Gotcha, thanks.

When getting a harness from someone make sure it is set up for your washer bottle. If your car has an electric washer bottle you need one with that wiring in it or else you will have to hook up a manual foot pump and get a different bottle.

on a 67-68 isn't the headlight stuff part of that harness too? could swear it was that way on a 68 dart i did for a friend.. later years had three different harnesses under there.. engine,wiper and lights..

When getting a harness from someone make sure it is set up for your washer bottle. If your car has an electric washer bottle you need one with that wiring in it or else you will have to hook up a manual foot pump and get a different bottle.

washer bottle? I don't believe I have one, in fact im pretty sure I don't, man another thing to go on the buy list

69 is different. He needs a 67 harness for everything he has to hook up right

can I use a 67 valiant wiring harness?? Im talking to a guy and he says everything is still there except for the engine and transmission but he's parting it out and I was going to raid it for parts of course im going to verify this, but would that work?

It should provided it also has a small block V8. Otherwise I believe a couple of the wires may not be the correct length. Pretty sure they would be too long though so that may not be a problem. I seem to remember the oil pressure sender for a /6 and BB motors are in the front of the block so the wire to it is longer since the SB is at the rear. As far as the washer bottle, generic aftermarket setups may be the way to go unless you're going for originality. Or skip it, I haven't had one on mine for 6 years

It is the same. The /6 harness is the same as big block in length on the engine and will be slightly longer on your small block. If you go checkout that Valiant get me some pics of it and what is left of it. I'm always looking for stuff for my 2 cars.

Hey guys I need help again. So I never took this wiring harness out of the car. I know how to read a wiring diagram, it's not easy for me but I can do it, but my problem is where do the grounds for the engine go and things like the starter solenoid etc?

Hey guys I need help again. So I never took this wiring harness out of the car. I know how to read a wiring diagram, it's not easy for me but I can do it, but my problem is where do the grounds for the engine go and things like the starter solenoid etc?

the starter relay grounds by bolting to the fenderwell.. the engine ground if there is one (my 70 never had one) usually goes from the back of the engine to a bolt on the firewall..

-
Back