need help wont shift into third

-
idk to be honest i think the guy I bought from just sold me junk and now i have good stuff. idk most likely he ripped me off. martin garcia was the guys name I bought from a year ago. the trans I got from him from the start was crap everything about that is crappy so Im hopping that this will fix this problem.

If you mean something like this, it's a factory installed drain plug.

Attachments

• drainplug.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 88
okay I didnt see any photos with that but to be honest though that guy I bought from is just might be a ripp off person who sold me crap to begain with u know?

Your learning that is the most important thing.
The Trans shop who did the swap for you should have drained the converter before re installing it and also flushed everything out, lines etc before filling the Trans with fluid & mixing the contaminated old fluid with the new. Maybe when they put the plug back it did not seal correctly so that could be the source of your leak like you are saying. Still that would not stop it from shifting into 3rd gear.

Sounds to me like the people that installed the trans. are the rip offs. I bet MadDart's right, they cleaned things out and that's why it shifts now and they told you it wasn't full of crap because they knew they screwed up by not flushing things out. It probably did need a converter due to a worn or cracked neck and due to incompetence they overlooked it and since you know practically nothing about how a transmission works you'd believe their crap/lies. Don't mean to be rude, just telling it the way I read it

Your learning that is the most important thing.
The Trans shop who did the swap for you should have drained the converter before re installing it and also flushed everything out, lines etc before filling the Trans with fluid & mixing the contaminated old fluid with the new. Maybe when they put the plug back it did not seal correctly so that could be the source of your leak like you are saying. Still that would not stop it from shifting into 3rd gear.

But the metal from a failing converter sure could stick a valve in the valvebody and cause it not shift.

But the metal from a failing converter sure could stick a valve in the valvebody and cause it not shift.

Sure, it sounds like they didn't flush or clean anything on install of the new Trans. That's why I said they did something to the VB to get it to shift. They also told the op they flushed it before the test drive, and now it has all gears.

I still highly doubt that the converter had anything to do with the problem but again that's just my guess. I doubt in a situation like this that the truth will ever be told. This is why I like to do my own work on these cars. New car with a warranty, well, they can just fix it! Lol

Sure, it sounds like they didn't flush or clean anything on install of the new Trans. That's why I said they did something to the VB to get it to shift. They also told the op they flushed it before the test drive, and now it has all gears.

I still highly doubt that the converter had anything to do with the problem but again that's just my guess. I doubt in a situation like this that the truth will ever be told. This is why I like to do my own work on these cars. New car with a warranty, well, they can just fix it! Lol

Totally agree with you.
They probably dropped the VB and flushed it out while moving the valves in thier bores.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...154.1073741831.100001085289871&type=1&theater
idk how to post photos on here but yeah I looked at the old trans and well its worn down where the shaft sticks out that you push the converter onto. so it wore down the old converter inside thus not keep fluid inside allowing it to come out like really really bad. they put the new converter on. I drove it home, no leaks, shifts fine.

Sounds to me like the people that installed the trans. are the rip offs. I bet MadDart's right, they cleaned things out and that's why it shifts now and they told you it wasn't full of crap because they knew they screwed up by not flushing things out. It probably did need a converter due to a worn or cracked neck and due to incompetence they overlooked it and since you know practically nothing about how a transmission works you'd believe their crap/lies. Don't mean to be rude, just telling it the way I read it

Your not being rude trust me, your being honest.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...154.1073741831.100001085289871&type=1&theater
idk how to post photos on here but yeah I looked at the old trans and well its worn down where the shaft sticks out that you push the converter onto. so it wore down the old converter inside thus not keep fluid inside allowing it to come out like really really bad. they put the new converter on. I drove it home, no leaks, shifts fine.

Can't get anything to come up on that link but I'm glad to hear it's working good now.

BTW: to post photos click on the "go advanced" tab and a new reply box will come up and down below it will be a place where you can load pictures. You have to watch the picture size though. Will only take pics so big. It'll let you know if it's too big when you try to load it

when the trans was put in the first time Idid it myself. (refering to the old junk trans) it didnt look like that trust me.

-
Back