need help

-
Sorry to here you got a lemon. But now you know what to look for next time any way. Bring a magnet with you next time. If it sticks you got metal if it don't, you got a bondo boat and need to run like hell. LOL

Good luck to you. Hope you find another Mopar that is beter for you.

i really dont know what i should do cause there are not that many cars for sale around here that are not restored to a level to where i can get my hands on. since we have two restoration shops in town. most have already been covered. and i dont know whether i will get the chance at another old muscle car. and i refuse to go to ford. just puttin that out there

thats about the shape my road runner was in. any mopar is worth saving

Oct23_39.jpg

well friday im going to look at a 70 dart here are some pics of it i know its a 4 door and a / but he says he also has a couple more mopars so i will be looking around

70 dart 1.jpg

70 dart 2.jpg

70 dart 3.jpg

70 dart 4.jpg

70 dart5.jpg

70 dart 6.jpg

70 dart 7.jpg

70 dart 8.jpg

70 dart 9.jpg

70 dart 10.jpg

well he sold the car to someone else but he says that he has more darts that we could pick from so we will go and see them will take a camera and a magnet for sure.

don't feel bad, im in the same boat as you. it wouldn't be a bad idea finding a more solid car. but like a few of the guys have told me here, just imagine how awesome it would feel to be able to say you fixed that car. if you're anything like me, i'm sure your itching to have a nice runner to drive around. so do whatever you feel like, but just think things through as much as you can before you give up. i am on my project.

well he sold the cherry 70 4 door dart but he has like 3 more and they are 2 doors we are still goin up today to check them out. i will post back here when we get back need to take a camera and a magnet!!!! i will hopefully get another member to our wonderful site if he has the internet where he lives!

he also said that he would take some parts from my duster and we could talk the price down. like the doors bumpers and stuff like that. if the car were interested in has all the doors and bumpers and other parts he wants. then we could more than likely swap them.

we went up to his house to look at the car last night and he has like 10 or 11 nice mopars. i mean sweet and finished like a 69 charger,73 340 duster #s matching,70 challenger,71 cuda,71 demon,360 duster, another demon 340,that 70 dart, 69 roadrunner, and a scamp. then the 73 dart we looked at. we will be going up again on the 28th with a camera or 2.:toothy10:

it is a 73 dart swinger, he has all of the part for the car trim,hood,tunk lid,bumpers, pretty much the whole car just need to be put back together. it will come with a 318/904 combo, 7 1/4 rear, all glass, under side is blasted and coated. whole car is epoxy primered. bucket seats with console also.i also saw a broadcast sheet on the dash when we looked at it. tell me what you think about it. dont worry you wont hurt my feelings lol.:-D

once i get it home i will take as many pics as my cameral will hold. hope fully that will be this weekend or next weekend.

its not bad it seems like the metal is good BUT the no motor no trans kinda puts me off.... do you still have said rust bucket if so id swap the electrics and drive train, and it should be a nice car.let me warn you though i have gone down this road also ,ive had my dart for 6 years i bought her when i was 15. first time i could drive it for more than 3 days was this year but in fairness it did sit for 2 of those years.mopar gets expensive quick if you try to coble something together. if i were you i would do what i wished i did years ago.

when your swaping the drive train

compression check the motor if its even starting to get low at least rering it nothing worse than getting your "baby" together than having her leaving you stranded,

have the trans gone through it will cost you about 500 to have a shop check it and put new clutches in it if its and auto or the 904 is SIMPLE you and your dad or other older car guy could rebuild it yourself in a weekend,

go throught the electricals as your cleaning them up(as in clean all the connections) if any thing is burned or out of spec repalce it,

and finnaly this one will sound stupid cause you never here about either,
rebuild the rear end( bearings and fluid also check the wear while your in there) and rebuild the drums

and congrats on the 73 i think you will love it,just remember that a mopar isnt transportation its a lifestyle and love

the first thing that is getting done is swapping the 7.25 for the 8.25 out of the duster into the dart. and while the rear is out of the car we will rebuild it. also the dart comes with a 318 and a 904 just not in the car. and the motor will get a compression and leak down test before it goes in. the trans will get new clutches and rebuilt. we have a member on here that we know and is good with mopars and all so we can pay him some and he can help us with it all. when we go thru the wiring and see how that is and if anything is spliced and or burned we will just go and get a new harness from like painless.

Looks like you will be busy for a while..... Good luck.... Pretty solid looking Dart...

yea i will but its a way better start than the duster. but this is what i want to do is just work on a car that will pay me back in the end for all the skinned knuckles and weeks spent pennyless so i can pay for that new intake or whatever. and i also want to eat those hondas alive at school.:toothy10: since my friend is putting his torino in storage. long story will tell it later. lol

well we go back on the 28th to pick the body and motor up. he opened the garage with the motor in it and it is all there.904 still attached to it. it even has the orginal ac compressor and all the plumbing! so when we get it here i will take pictures of the whole car. i think i will put up something in the for sale section for my car. anyone want a 74 duster. :toothy10:

we picked the car up on saturday and got it home in one piece. here are the pics(we put the dusters mags on it :toothy10:)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

-
Back