Need New Headers for my ride.

-
Ok ,for those who give a crap.
I installed the Headman 78500 on my car and made the pipes to fit through the K frame and suspension. Not to give of a deal, if you have a welder. HS more ground clearance than the long tube headers. Driver seat dino shows lose of power. But that was expected.
Before
20200609_124713.jpg

After
20200629_120040.jpg

rat
what's a Headman 78500 or do I have to read the whole thread
still looks like low hanging to me

rat
what's a Headman 78500 or do I have to read the whole thread
still looks like low hanging to me
they are the headman tight tube headers seen a test 12 hp less than tti at 5500 , not that big a difference , better than manifolds plenty of clearance

The drivers side header was the one I kept dragging. . Alot more clearance with the Headman a. The passenger side is now lower the before but still has enough clearance.
My driver seat dino was thinkin about 13.368. :lol:

You could very well retune to get that difference back. It's worth a try.......either way, I'd say the additional ground clearance is worth it. Thanks for posting this and actually verifying that these do indeed fit.

The drivers side header was the one I kept dragging. . Alot more clearance with the Headman a. The passenger side is now lower the before but still has enough clearance.
My driver seat dino was thinkin about 13.368. :lol:
Any chance you could post pics of clearance from driver side and where downpipes
Connect by flange? Going through what you went through. Had the Hedman long tubes and debating whether these shorties, Doug’s or factory manifolds. Did you use shims for motor mounts? Think it should clear stock 71 340 duster?

Any chance you could post pics of clearance from driver side and where downpipes
Connect by flange? Going through what you went through. Had the Hedman long tubes and debating whether these shorties, Doug’s or factory manifolds. Did you use shims for motor mounts? Think it should clear stock 71 340 duster?
Don't have the car anymore. Can't help you !

found a pic of tight tube clearance from years ago no idea what car it is on , some a body from the crossmember
dartsummer2011019-1.jpg

-
Back