need p/s mounting info.

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i am thinking of upgrading my p/s pump to a late saginaw unit. i am not sure which mounts to use or even what they look like. has anyone done this on a late model crate motor? i am not opposed to buying billet mounts or something.

i am thinking of upgrading my p/s pump to a late saginaw unit. i am not sure which mounts to use or even what they look like. has anyone done this on a late model crate motor? i am not opposed to buying billet mounts or something.

You mean one with a remote resivour or the older saginaw styles.

Here's a picture of the old style with brackets for a 69 and older cast iron water pump.

SF03SaginawPumpAssy.JPG

Here pictures of the remote resivour type they run on late model circle track cars. Rokketride ran on those on his old Cuda. He said one of the mounting bolts didn't line up with the one of the blocks, new or old I can't remember. It was not a hard fix. I think it was the old blocks.

On the Hotchkis Challenger.

PICT0535.JPG

PICT0536.JPG

PICT0537.JPG

i have a couple of the old ones i would actually like to sell. i am thinking of using a newer style saginaw. i found some mounts through March,but how hard are the original mounts to find. i may go with the march stuff for reliability,nice billet stuff.

Just exactly where does this pump bolt up? (remote resevoir) We are trying to fit a pump on a 68 340 with a Mopar performance water pump in a 63 Dodge 440

Just exactly where does this pump bolt up? (remote resevoir) We are trying to fit a pump on a 68 340 with a Mopar performance water pump in a 63 Dodge 440

When you have the aluminum 70 and up water pump the 70-72 power steering non air brackets AND pulleys are needed.

Call Bouchillon.
Here's the brackets new under part # BPE9014
http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEpsb.asp

9014web.jpg

You will probably have to buy a power steering gear pressure line fitting if your old original 63 power steering was a Federal/Eaton type with a round fill hole.

You don't need to spend a bunch of money on a tricked out remote pump setup for car that not autocrossing and racing.

-
Back