Need picks of Duster or Demon with 1” drop rear leaf springs

-

J.B.

Reaction score
I have a 71 Demon that has been upgraded with bbm axles and 18” wheels. I am looking for that tucked or slightly tucked look. I bought it with 3” raised mopar superstock springs and dont like the stance. The photo enclosed is the look im looking for. I am guessing it is a 1” drop since stock is just above tire

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

How many inches are you from where you want to be?

Here is my old Duster with 18's and a 2'' drop 100 lbs increase made by Eton Detroit Springs if it helps.

Mopar Poster 1a.jpg

How many inches are you from where you want to be?
I just bought hotchkins sport 1” drop springs so gonna see how that works and gonna roll the fenders

My buddy was running SS springs on his Demon and lowered it 2" using blocks. I can't seem to find a picture at the moment.

I just bought hotchkins sport 1” drop springs so gonna see how that works and gonna roll the fenders

Keep your original front hangers. The majority of the drop with the Hotchkis springs is from the “geometry correcting” front hangers. So if you install the Hotchkis springs and think it’s too low, you can replace the Hotchkis hangers with the factory ones and get some ride height back.

Just going from SS springs to the factory arch springs is a pretty significant drop.

The rear tire height also has a lot to do with how “tucked in” the wheels look. If you have 25” tall tires in the back it’ll have to be sitting on the ground to tuck the wheels into the quarters.

This is my car with a factory arch spring, 27.2” tall rear tires and about a 3/8” lowering from my rear spring slider conversion

uuid=212F3E7F-CFC1-4B9A-B0C5-027FEF71D984&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

Keep your original front hangers. The majority of the drop with the Hotchkis springs is from the “geometry correcting” front hangers. So if you install the Hotchkis springs and think it’s too low, you can replace the Hotchkis hangers with the factory ones and get some ride height back.

Just going from SS springs to the factory arch springs is a pretty significant drop.

The rear tire height also has a lot to do with how “tucked in” the wheels look. If you have 25” tall tires in the back it’ll have to be sitting on the ground to tuck the wheels into the quarters.

This is my car with a factory arch spring, 27.2” tall rear tires and about a 3/8” lowering from my rear spring slider conversion

View attachment 1716160619

Thanks for info your stance looks great too. I also got a fender lip roller to get that out the way, my setup is as follows

Vision Legend 5’s with 4 wheel disc brakes

Front 18”x8.5” - 5.55”BS/+20 offset
Nitto G2 245/40R18

Rear 18”x9.5” 5.72”BS/+12 offset
Nitto G2 275/40R18

IMG_7009.jpeg

-
Back