Need Pics of 10 x 1.75 A body rear brakes as reference. Messed up. Help

-

Eworth

Reaction score
Rookie mistake.

Purchased an 8.75 axle from an A-body, complete. Ripped it all apart for a rebuild and neglected to take pics for reference of the drum brakes.

Does anyone have pics that they could share of the drum brake set up for driver and passenger side for the 10 x 1.75?

THanks in advance!

Rookie mistake.

Purchased an 8.75 axle from an A-body, complete. Ripped it all apart for a rebuild and neglected to take pics for reference of the drum brakes.

Does anyone have pics that they could share of the drum brake set up for driver and passenger side for the 10 x 1.75?

THanks in advance!
Did you get a pic yet?

Here.. 10 x 2 1/2 but same basic set up.
WIN_20151202_163608.JPG
WIN_20151202_163556.JPG
WIN_20151202_163617.JPG

Here's a few of mine I took when I pulled my axles to replace my carrier. These are 10 inch but on a 7.25 rear. I think they're the same. If not, nevermind. :)

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

The hardware differs depending on the year. '69 to ? use the newer style. Then there was another change IIRC. Go over to www.imperialclub.org -> Literture -> MTSC Then skim down to the ones on Brakes between 1968 and whatever year your axle may be set up for.
'68 is the begining of the transition, but the hardware was the same as '67.
Another source of good pictures for the different years is the service manual for the year in question.

Mine has a part the crosses from one shoe to the other under the wheel cylinder. The other side does NOTnhave this same piece. Does that part go on the drivers side? Confuses me that there is only one, figuring each side would be a mirror image, but apparently not

Thanks everyone.! Learned a lot from this thread and I was able to get them put together correctly. Much appreciated !

-
Back