Need some A-100 straight axle advise for a 66-valiant???

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
I want to turn my 66-valiant into a straight axle gasser street/strip car.. I have a complete A-100 straight axle.. I looked through a bunch of the past posts and couldn't find any straight axle 66 valiants (this is a huge web-site to seach through)... I can do all the work myself, I just need a little guideance and advise (so I don't get killed)... If anyone has any pics that would be awesome... I haven't drug out the tape measure yet, but the axle looks a little wide for the 66.. Any advise would be greatly appreciated... Here's what I'm starting with...

!Bu471Z!B2k~$(KGrHqQOKjQEvVuUlg+7BMCQh!Pz3Q~~_12.JPG

!Bu475hQ!2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBMCQhV,45Q~~_12.JPG

Good idea! I am dreaming of that axle, too.

You should buy the DVD from Steve Magnate How To Build Your Own Altered Wheelbase Funny Car.
Go to funnycarfarm.com there you can order it. You will see every detail. I love this film.

Have fun!

Quarter panels are to good to go full blown altered just yet.. Yeah, theres nothing cooler then a straight axle altered mopar.. Here's a pic of the rims I want for the front>>>

rpm-r43-546522_m.jpg

That was some good info... Alot of work, but I guess nothing thats cool is easy... The parts I didn't like was the long A-100 leaf spring length, thay will go past my front bumper (my bumper is bigger then the dart)... And where thay cut the two 6 inch slots in the axle beam, I think I'd rather have holes across through there... I'd also like to ditch my K-member and just leave the manual steering box and use an engine plate to mount the 383.. Lots of options to consider..

Good idea! I am dreaming of that axle, too.

You should buy the DVD from Steve Magnate How To Build Your Own Altered Wheelbase Funny Car.
Go to funnycarfarm.com there you can order it. You will see every detail. I love this film.

Have fun!

=D>:thumblef:

Does anyone make shorter front leaf springs that will work with the A-100 straight axle front end?? I'm going for the gasser look, don't really want the front of my springs infront of my front bumper...

This guy is doing a Valiant gasser

That's kinda how I want mine, he's using like a speedway axle kit, I've got the factory A-100 straight axle that i'm gonna have to narrow... He also had his shackles in the rear, the dart I checked out in those other links had their shackles in the front... Guess i've got a lot of research to do on this little project...

I did the wheel and tire beside the rear quarter panel deal , to see what it mite look like altered in the rear, it just doesn't look right, the darts look better altered in the rear... I think mine will look better with just the straight axle close to the stock location... I'll be happy with that.. now I have another delima, It's gonna have a 383, trying to keep it era correct, which would look better, a tunnel with 2-4's or just a hemi cuda/dart hood scoop??

-
Back