Need to find chrome windshield trim/moulding

-

cjdive

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the SS/chrome windshield trim (moulding) for a '67 Dart GT Convertible? I have looked everywhere and found it is nearly impossible to locate.

If I can't find the trim, any thoughts of custom making a piece of trim? I need the bottom piece.

THANKS!

The botton piece onthe convertible is a piece of the plastic lock strip. I am not sure if it is still available but you could buy the lockstrip for a Ramcharger from the dealer. It is almost identical only slightly(very slightly) narrower. The plastic lock strip is also available from several of the restoration vendors. Or you could just get the bottom piece of stainless from a hardtop and either put some clips to attach (would require removing the windshield) or I have seen it just urethaned on.

Thank you both! Wow, what an elusive item. And $$$$!

Looks like YO may be the best option.

The botton piece onthe convertible is a piece of the plastic lock strip. I am not sure if it is still available but you could buy the lockstrip for a Ramcharger from the dealer. It is almost identical only slightly(very slightly) narrower. The plastic lock strip is also available from several of the restoration vendors. Or you could just get the bottom piece of stainless from a hardtop and either put some clips to attach (would require removing the windshield) or I have seen it just urethaned on.

That is great information, do you know what year Ramcharger, or is it all of them?

That is great information, do you know what year Ramcharger, or is it all of them?

[FONT=&quot]Ramcharger part # 04467329[/FONT] Like I said i am not sure if it is still available from the dealer but you will have enough to do your car and several others.

[FONT=&quot]Ramcharger part # 04467329[/FONT] Like I said i am not sure if it is still available from the dealer but you will have enough to do your car and several others.

Thanks, I will check with a dealer! Right now I have the 65 Barracuda rear window plastic in the slot, and it looks ok, but doesn't match up to the stainless at all.

If anyone is interested, I have the stainless piece off a different year car, but mine doesn't have the clips. It isn't perfect, but I would take the $80 that I paid a guy at a swap meet for it.

-
Back