Need to vent wth is wrong with ppl

-
Gofundme is contributing to the fall of society. Ugh. I try to help people but I also have to remember, you can lead a horse to water.....

LOL , rare around here !
I agree!! Lack of respect and understanding and just mutual agreement is alot of what is wrong in the world today. Not everyone has to have to same views or opinions on a matter but regardless of our different opinions we should (everyone) be able to agree to disagree and still show respect and understanding to their beliefs. Not everyone has to be right or wrong!! Sometimes there is a middle ground that we can just agree to disagree and go on being friends. That is kinda the whole point this thread.

I agree!! Lack of respect and understanding and just mutual agreement is alot of what is wrong in the world today. Not everyone has to have to same views or opinions on a matter but regardless of our different opinions we should (everyone) be able to agree to disagree and still show respect and understanding to their beliefs. Not everyone has to be right or wrong!! Sometimes there is a middle ground that we can just agree to disagree and go on being friends. That is kinda the whole point this thread.

Do they call that a gray area ?

I am always weary of giving anything anymore. (1st one) I was in in alameda and my buddy and I were stopped at a light, guys sign say any donation will help. my buddy pulls out a 10 hands it to him and asks why he is not able to get a job he is young looking. the guy relies he is an investment banker, and hates his wife and kids. He wont go through a divorce because of what he will loose so he puts on these cloths and makes some cash on the weekend... WTH
2nd now in Hawaii has sign for money on the corner. Car in front of me hands a bag of food and couple dollars. Guy dumps food, kicks it over to the curb, pockets cash and the put stuff in the bag.
as far as the auction someone said that is a great idea. I'm for it and will buy parts I don't even need if that is the case. lol

I'm a firm believer in helping others and have been kick and pissed on some times.
A guy on this site was looking for a drive line and I happened to have what he needed. He paid for shipping and I gave him the drive line. He turned out to be a great guy and made a new friend.
It's times like that that makes up for the bad and will I'm sure get pissed on again a time or two.
I have however found that most of the people on this site are good and honest, willing to help in anyway they can.
Great people here, you guys are stuck with me.

Unfortunately, we live in a ME FIRST world, that has turned into a ME ONLY mentality. If we look hard enough, we still find many who will not play a part in this enormously destructive mindset. Like many on FABO.
A large portion of the homeless and general public has become self-jaded by their own ME ONLY attitudes. They are mad at the world they have played a major contribution to.
A couple of well places questions will usually cause them to self incriminate, when asked. Simply move on, and spend your time on those who appreciate your effort.

Being on a fixed income I generally don't help many folks anymore. I do try and make myself available...to anybody that needs a listening ear...but not being liked by many kinda keeps it from happening much.
Never been one to help pan handlers. If they have a dog I am more apt to go buy them a bag of dog food then give tgem money.
One pan handler is responsible for me not handing out any of my disability $$. Just got in my truck in a Walgreens parking lot. Youngvlady came up, asking for $$. I opened my wallet and gave her a 10. She noticed that I had a $20 in my wallet. She said to me "how about if I give you the 10 back and you give me a 20". As she handed me the 10 I rolled the window up and drove off.
Have been here since 08. Have seen the same 2 older guys with the same signs..."family struggling will work for food" since we have been here.
Pan handlers...smoking cigarettes....or "vaping".....brand new $100+ sneakers....
Apologies for rambling

Being on a fixed income I generally don't help many folks anymore. I do try and make myself available...to anybody that needs a listening ear...but not being liked by many kinda keeps it from happening much.
Never been one to help pan handlers. If they have a dog I am more apt to go buy them a bag of dog food then give tgem money.
One pan handler is responsible for me not handing out any of my disability $$. Just got in my truck in a Walgreens parking lot. Youngvlady came up, asking for $$. I opened my wallet and gave her a 10. She noticed that I had a $20 in my wallet. She said to me "how about if I give you the 10 back and you give me a 20". As she handed me the 10 I rolled the window up and drove off.
Have been here since 08. Have seen the same 2 older guys with the same signs..."family struggling will work for food" since we have been here.
Pan handlers...smoking cigarettes....or "vaping".....brand new $100+ sneakers....
Apologies for rambling
Never seen anything you posted inkjunkie that upset me. I have a few friends that many people don't like because they say what they think and sometimes upsets others but I would rather here what people think than lies.
I will never give money or anything to people on the streets holding signs they can get a job and support themselves. My wife died many years ago when I still had all 8 of my kids living at home the youngest was 2. I worked hard and they had plenty to eat and a warm clean home, I home schooled the first 4 and eventually had to put the rest in public school. Never asked for a hand out and have 8 wounder full children and 15 grand kids that visit me often.
There are many people on this site that have had hard times way worse than me that never ask anyone for a hand out and they made it just fine. I wish people wouldn't help the people on the streets holding signs and maybe they would get a real job.

Never seen anything you posted inkjunkie that upset me. I have a few friends that many people don't like because they say what they think and sometimes upsets others but I would rather here what people think than lies.
I will never give money or anything to people on the streets holding signs they can get a job and support themselves. My wife died many years ago when I still had all 8 of my kids living at home the youngest was 2. I worked hard and they had plenty to eat and a warm clean home, I home schooled the first 4 and eventually had to put the rest in public school. Never asked for a hand out and have 8 wounder full children and 15 grand kids that visit me often.
There are many people on this site that have had hard times way worse than me that never ask anyone for a hand out and they made it just fine. I wish people wouldn't help the people on the streets holding signs and maybe they would get a real job.

You sir, are heroic! thank you for sharing

how about this wreck , the gal that plowed into my van just walked away , i had to get a pd report just to find her and she said this when i finial called her , '' i have no insurance , so i can't pay for the damage '' then never answered my calls again . she crossed over 5 lanes of the street to hit my van , guess she could have used some better judgement on her speed n brak'n , lol .
DSC00702.JPG
DSC00703.JPG
DSC00690.JPG

how about this wreck , the gal that plowed into my van just walked away , i had to get a pd report just to find her and she said this when i finial called her , '' i have no insurance , so i can't pay for the damage '' then never answered my calls again . she crossed over 5 lanes of the street to hit my van , guess she could have used some better judgement on her speed n brak'n , lol .View attachment 1715236930 View attachment 1715236931 View attachment 1715236933
Sorry to see that Pomonamissel. My brother back in 1983 lost his 70 440 6 pak Cuda the same way.
Seems like the law is corrupt and does whatever it feels like doing. If it was you or me that did what she did we would be in jail.

how about this wreck , the gal that plowed into my van just walked away , i had to get a pd report just to find her and she said this when i finial called her , '' i have no insurance , so i can't pay for the damage '' then never answered my calls again . she crossed over 5 lanes of the street to hit my van , guess she could have used some better judgement on her speed n brak'n , lol .View attachment 1715236930 View attachment 1715236931 View attachment 1715236933
Wow that looks bad.

Yea me too I'm not real sure where to start.

The auctions usually start by posting the story of the person who is in need, and it should have a PayPal account attached to it. Some people can’t donate items but like to donate to the cause. The auction should have a start and finish date, and the items are numbered as they are donated to keep stuff straight. People bid on the items, and the person who started the auction, or somebody who volunteers, keeps updating the thread every couple days so people can view the progression, and when it’s over, the buyer and donator message each other and swap shipping details. When the item is paid for, it is cleared by the auctioneer for shipping and the donator ships the item and reports back to the auctioneer that it has been shipped. The biggest challenge is to have someone who can keep the auction items updated in one post every couple of days.

You can read through the auction example that 6pak C included, it was an auction to help my daughter and our family when Nella was sick.

The auctions usually start by posting the story of the person who is in need, and it should have a PayPal account attached to it. Some people can’t donate items but like to donate to the cause. The auction should have a start and finish date, and the items are numbered as they are donated to keep stuff straight. People bid on the items, and the person who started the auction, or somebody who volunteers, keeps updating the thread every couple days so people can view the progression, and when it’s over, the buyer and donator message each other and swap shipping details. When the item is paid for, it is cleared by the auctioneer for shipping and the donator ships the item and reports back to the auctioneer that it has been shipped. The biggest challenge is to have someone who can keep the auction items updated in one post every couple of days.

You can read through the auction example that 6pak C included, it was an auction to help my daughter and our family when Nella was sick.

And how do you people know that the need is real, and not a scam ??

Well Bob, people took the chance that my situation was real as well. I did not start the auction that helped our family out when Nella was sick, but I am and will always be very grateful that so many members took that chance. I feel that if the need is there, they will go through the many steps it takes to run a benefit auction, and I will gladly donate an item of value as so many others did for me. That’s just me tho, and it would be a pretty elaborate scam to run an auction for a couple weeks to get a few dollars out of a bunch of car guys! JMO of course, but I have a very big pay it forward to live for, and I prefer not to live in doubt!

Let me ask you this. If you give something to help someone out you are doing it because you feel that it the right thing to do and it makes you feel like you have done a good thing. If it is or was a scam would that change? Your intentions are pure and kind and you are doing the right thing does it really matter what happens to your donation? I mean I get it noone wants to get scammed and yea that would piss anyone off but if you never knew one way or the other you doing what your heart calls you to do and trying to help someone is all that matters. That's jmo.

Let me ask you this. If you give something to help someone out you are doing it because you feel that it the right thing to do and it makes you feel like you have done a good thing. If it is or was a scam would that change? Your intentions are pure and kind and you are doing the right thing does it really matter what happens to your donation? I mean I get it noone wants to get scammed and yea that would piss anyone off but if you never knew one way or the other you doing what your heart calls you to do and trying to help someone is all that matters. That's jmo.

BINGO ! What u feel led to do !!

Well Bob, people took the chance that my situation was real as well. I did not start the auction that helped our family out when Nella was sick, but I am and will always be very grateful that so many members took that chance. I feel that if the need is there, they will go through the many steps it takes to run a benefit auction, and I will gladly donate an item of value as so many others did for me. That’s just me tho, and it would be a pretty elaborate scam to run an auction for a couple weeks to get a few dollars out of a bunch of car guys! JMO of course, but I have a very big pay it forward to live for, and I prefer not to live in doubt!

I was more directing my post to a guy that was asking for money , flat out !

I am a very caring person, and I enjoy helping people who need it. That being said, this is why I never give money to people out on the street. This older gentleman has been around for a long time. He is very pathetic looking, and it's hard telling how much he collects in a day. You usually see him in the more affluent parts of town, or around higher end business's.

Panhandler.PNG

Panhandler 2.PNG

I am a very caring person, and I enjoy helping people who need it. That being said, this is why I never give money to people out on the street. This older gentleman has been around for a long time. He is very pathetic looking, and it's hard telling how much he collects in a day. You usually see him in the more affluent parts of town, or around higher end business's.

View attachment 1715237768

View attachment 1715237769
By the looks of his car I would guess he makes a good living.
Good pictures 73red-duster.

-
Back