Need wheel help

-

DaveBlank

Reaction score
Hello. New to dodge. I just drug a 1970 swinger out of the woods. I severely damaged the drivers side wheels getting them off. Front is actually still on. Car has been parked since 95. What's the cheapest wheel solution to just get this thing rolling. Seems the 14 x4.5 are hard to find

assume they are small bolt pattern? 5 on 4"? finding cheap used ones is going to be the cheapest route. someone local to you also because they aren't cheap tp ship.

Hello. New to dodge. I just drug a 1970 swinger out of the woods. I severely damaged the drivers side wheels getting them off. Front is actually still on. Car has been parked since 95. What's the cheapest wheel solution to just get this thing rolling. Seems the 14 x4.5 are hard to find
Welcome to FABO. Damaged getting them off? Do the drivers side studs have a "L" stamped into the end? If so they are left hand thread and unscrew backwards. Small bolt wheels are fairly easy to find here on the site but it will take some time.

Welcome to FABO. Damaged getting them off? Do the drivers side studs have a "L" stamped into the end? If so they are left hand thread and unscrew backwards. Small bolt wheels are fairly easy to find here on the site but it will take some time.
I did not know this. I imagine this is what happened. Passenger side came off fine. The driver side wasn't covered by the tree line. I just assumed they seized up pretty good. I snapped 3 of the back tire studs off trying to break them loose with a tire iron. Cut the rest off with a grinder. The wheel is rusted to the drum, I damaged them giving them a sledge hammer treatment.

Location is a big help. I have several dozen of them in Rockford, Illinois but won't ship...

Well I transport vehicles so you never know when I am in your area. 14x4-1/2 small bolt wheels are not that hard to find, most people don't advertise them as they don't bring big money or sell well. 14x5-1/2 and Ralley wheels are a different story and usually sell for $75 each...

ok. Thanks. I'm just trying to find anything to make it roll right now really. I have 2 good wheels I could put up front. I'm in the market for anything that fits on the back. Would like to be less than 100 each wheel just to see if the trans works.

Welcome to FABO, search the site and ask questions, a lot of helpful info here

Start a wanted thread and mention your area. There's a good chance someone here is close and has some extra wheels.

-
Back