need your opinion on this 68 car

-

plumcrazy704406

Reaction score
located a 1968 barracuda in California that is a two owner car. had them send some pics of the undercarriage. was undercoating standard on these cars? can any one spot any damaged goods? suppose to be a 55k car, not driven much the past twenty years, garaged kept. whats your take on the pics?
appreciate the feedback fabo memebrs.

681.jpg

682.jpg

683.jpg

684.jpg

685.jpg

686.jpg

687.jpg

688.jpg

689.jpg

6810.jpg

I had a Calif. 67 Coronet bought from my brother in law, always a Calif. car that did have undercoating on it, so I guess they did have it .

It looks like a well kept 40 year old car. The history is probably true.

Car looks good. My dart was undercoated so yes it is normal. Looks like you need to rebuild the front end. That upper ball joint looks worse for wear. Also I would look at changing those front brake hoses. other then that looks like a good car. One question. Where is your voltage regulator mounted? if I were you I would change the charging system to a one wire alternator. Just food for thought.

Looks pretty good. Undercoating was part of the noise reduction package.

thx for the imputs fabo members. keep it coming. my challenger is not undercoated so i am unfamiliar with the process. pic #2 shows the coating sprayed on, what looks like everthing, but not up the side of the pan. this is what makes me think the undercoating is original. any other thoughts? if the seller and i can agree on a price, i will have someone look at it for me and take further pics. there doesn't appear to be a fender tag on the car. on a-bodies, where are the body numbers? for authenticating.
it doesn't appear to have had any front end accident damage, and the drivetrain is not all that important to me, but i would like to know the car is what i am being told it is.

Body numbers can be found on driver's side of rad support, usually under the coolant sticker, and the trunk drip rail under the rubber seal or speaker deck, also drivers side.

looks like a clean car, undercoating is a ***** to get off but it's always beautiful to see whats underneath. but yes very clean looking car. hows the body on it?

-
Back